Server Residency Engineer
Singapore, SingaporeJob ID R035652 Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
- Work as server residency engineer at customer site during normal office hours administering servers in customer environment.
- Work as single point of contact for server hardware related issues reported by customer.
- Contact Dell Tech Support for hardware troubleshooting as needed.
- Basic troubleshooting on server hardware issues such as motherboard, RAM etc.
- Coordinate with Dell Tech Support for onsite parts replacement as needed.
- Download and apply firmware and BIOS patches to fix security vulnerability as needed.
- Support customer and project team on new server hardware deployment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or 5 years equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on server administration or system administration.
- Familiar with Dell PowerEdge server hardware such as R640, R740 etc.
- Familiar with Dell server administration tools such as iDrac.
- Familiar with Dell server monitoring software OpenManage Enterprise.
- Familiar with Windows and VMware.
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical users.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude.
- Technical, analytical and good interpersonal skills required.