Senior Cloud Native Developer
Singapore, SingaporeJob ID 1717305 Date posted Jun. 11, 2019
Dell Technologies unites seven technology leaders – Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, Virtustream and VMware – in one company with the power to drive digital transformation and generate real results every day for the customers and people who partner with us.
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
- Are passionate, curious, engaging, have software development experience and a good understanding of cloud-native applications.
- Are great written and verbal communicator, capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Will help customers realize the benefits of cloud-native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Are comfortable with ambiguity. We work in an iterative and incremental way, balancing many different inputs and constantly making trade-offs. This requires us to be comfortable moving forward with imperfect information.
There is a paradigm shift towards cloud-native technologies and methodologies calling for new capabilities. As part of Dell Technologies, this initiative focuses on uplifting the Cloud Native Ecosystem in Singapore and enabling our enterprise customers in Singapore and the regional economies.
- Help customers realize unprecedented returns legacy application portfolio to cloud-native in order to incrementally reduce time, cost, and operational inefficiencies
- You will also work on Pivotal Cloud Foundry technology to deploy cloud-native applications.
- Assist Pivotal’s customers in transitioning existing JVM and/or .NET apps to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
- Train, mentor, and develop pivots on a constant, ongoing basis to improve their performance.
- Coordinate with the larger Account Teams to coordinate selling motions and present a unified voice for Pivotal to clients.
- Maintain knowledge of Pivotal’s primary product offerings, and their value propositions.
- Be prepared to articulate value propositions to pivots and clients.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques.
- Experience and familiarity building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud-based application architectures using programming frameworks like Spring/Java and .NET
- Implementation experience in building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that nontechnical people may understand.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
Desired Skills / Experiences
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used Angular, C#, Go, etc.)
- Experience with various public clouds
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.