Senior Account Manager - Data Protection Solutions, Enterprise SG
Singapore, SingaporeJob ID R99805 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
We help our customers modernize data protection across the shifting IT landscape including traditional on-premise, virtual, hybrid cloud, public cloud and applications born-in-the-cloud. Our market leading solutions drive business agility by enabling our customers to spend less time worrying whether their data is protected and more time adding business value. While traditional data protection solutions rely on one-size-fits-all approaches and point solutions that leave gaps in data protection, EMC delivers a continuum of data protection services—from availability to backup and recovery to long-term archive. We ensure our customers have the right level of protection wherever their data is and whatever infrastructure it is running upon.
Our portfolio brings together industry-leading hardware solutions, including EMC Data Domain purpose-built protection appliance, and an industry-leading Data Protection Suite of software including EMC Avamar, NetWorker, RecoverPoint, CloudBoost, Spanning and SourceOne.
We are looking for high-performing sales professionals with a passion for helping customers achieve transformational business outcomes through the use of disruptive technologies and solutions. The ideal candidate will be a specialist in the data protection marketplace, and will have the opportunity to learn emerging data protection technologies and industry trends. The successful Data Protection Solutions (DPS) Specialist demonstrates how our software and hardware technologies solve the complex challenges of protecting data across different use cases including Cloud and Big Data.
- Sales Specialist for selling EMC Data Protection solutions into both acquisition and established accounts, with close interlock to EMC Portfolio account teams.
- Develop and execute territory plan to exceed revenue and growth objectives.
- Execute demand generation activities to build and maintain 3x pipeline coverage.
- Territory consists of accounts in Singapore Enterprise Preffered
- Maintains a complete knowledge of EMC products, policies and services using the Integrated Sales Cycle; has specialized training within product and/or service lines.
- Initiates contacts with, and manages difficult/tough prospects utilizing the Integrated Sales Cycle. May assist others with difficult/tough sales and solutions. Often leads a cross-functional sales team.
- Has a strong technical understanding of the EMC offering and knows when to engage SE assistance.
- Operates under considerable latitude. May serve as project or initiative leader.
- Experience in selling data protection and software-based solutions
- Lead efforts for multiple data protection use cases and ELA/TLA software proposals
- Coordinate efforts and resources across marketing, sales, services, and channel resources to maximize results.
- Ability to communicate and share insights with an executive audience that demonstrate EMC thought-leadership in Data Protection
- Possess strong understanding of Enterprise SW Applications, Converged Infrastructures, Cloud Computing and Big Data/Data Lakes
- Ability to articulate relevant business outcomes made possible with EMC DPS solutions at the senior IT and C-suite executive level
- Experience of working with Enterprise accounts
- A proven track record of closing $1M+ deals
- Customer-focused and responsive. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and known for developing strong relationships with clients and partners
- Experience of building strategic account plans and executing on these successfully
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work both independently and in team environments
- Highly developed presentation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage change and negotiate to positive outcomes internally and in client situations
- New Business and business development experience in new and named accounts
- Innovative and creative – examples of making things happen, changing direction, finding the right solutions at the right time for the client
- Ability to present to various sized audiences with considerable gravitas
- Strength in forecasting, accuracy around this and timely management therein.
- Education Required: Bachelors (Non -Technical)
- Experience Required: 7+ years relevant experience