SEAK VeloCloud Pre-Sales Engineer
Singapore, SingaporeJob ID R1902573 Date posted Mar. 12, 2019
At VMware we are growing our VELOCLOUD (VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud) team and looking for an experienced Systems Engineering Professional to join us. The Charter of the VMware Network Virtualization & Security Business Unit (NSBU) Systems Engineering Organization is to be the dedicated Pre-Sales experts driving the sales and adoption of VMware’s next generation network virtualization, VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud. We work directly with NSBU Product Management & Engineering, the VMware SDDC Field Sales teams, and directly with customers to increase the footprint of VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud in cloud computing environments. As a VMware SD-WAN Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud. You will be focused on selling the value of VMware Network Virtualization and Security into private, hybrid and public cloud environments.
- Present VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management, operations management and technical engineers
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures
- Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects
- Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of NSBU products
- Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers
- Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures
- Capture experiences in the field and share with great VMware community and product management teams
- Network Industry Certification preferred such as CCIE is preferred. BGP and OSPF routing knowledge and experience are a requirement.
- 7+ years of experience with data centers, networking, WAN technologies, and Cloud services
- 3+ years of experiences in customer facing roles, such as Sales Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, Consulting Engineer, or Solution Architect
- Hands on experience with different products and technologies commonly seen in Enterprise network, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewall, hypervisors, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Experiences or willingness to pick up scripting such as Python
- Ability to run SD-WAN by VeloCloud Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and project manage the entire activity
- Ability to deliver basic SD-WAN by VeloCloud training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales process
- Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware / Xen / KVM
- Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vRealize Automation (vRA), vCloud Director (vCD)
- Good understanding of datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed - both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based
- Core values and traits (EPIC2)
- Independent, yet a huge desire to give back to your team
- Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
- Competitive by nature
- Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management
- Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering related field or equivalent experience
The Systems Engineer engages a multi-functional team daily which may include account executives, technical specialists and product managers within VMware, as well as appropriate people from the customer. These include, but are not limited to, Executives, Technology buyers, Technology or Business Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Administrators and any other departmental liaisons.
This position is eligible for the GrowSDDCsales referral campaign