Product management Senior Advisor
Singapore, SingaporeJob ID R80316 Date posted May. 28, 2019
The position covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities including product management, developing go-to-market strategy and owning in-market performance of Dell's Client Peripheral line of business.
Acting as a crucial member of the Client Peripheral Marketing team, this position is primarily responsible for working with various functions to drive product development and create Go-To-Market plans, perform competitive analysis, and develop product awareness programs for Dell’s Client Peripheral business. A crucial part of the role is to understand the business target and market trends and proactively drive actions by working with internal and external stakeholders.
Additional responsibilities include: business analytics and insights, driving business attainment, and critical situation management. The position is also responsible for working with Dell’s regions to develop and drive categories' business growth plans.
Must be able to communicate effectively within all areas of the company and has active engagement with counterparts in regions including but not limited to client product managers, Outbound Marketing, Brand Segments, Marcom, Pricing, Supply/Demand (S&D), Supply Chain Planning and Operations, Finance, Business Analysis and Worldwide Procurement.
- Develop and present data-based recommendations and thorough analyses to the executive management
- Be able to take ownership and manage profit-and-loss of multiple peripheral categories with direct experiences in sales & marketing
- Global management of the product line life cycle including End Of Life planning and transition
- Partner and work with various members of cross functional team to enable a successful product planning, development and launch
- Business Development for new products – identify right route to market, partners, campaigns
- Make decisions on product enhancements throughout the product lifecycle
- Work closely with regional product managers to develop forecast and drive business attainment
- Be an expert on the competition
- Be a subject matter expert for sales and go to market teams.
- 10 years or more of relevant industry experience with 5 in Product management or Product Marketing
- Strong direct experiences in gaming peripherals preferred
- Strong creative, verbal and written communication skills - work across various segments and geographic regions to effectively communicate product positioning and strategy
- Strong senior leadership level presentation skills and ability to create executive presentation content
- Strong financial and business acumen and analytical skills
- Advanced organizational agility with the ability to engage across all levels and with regional counterparts
- Challenges himself/herself and team to constantly look for new approaches and look for creative ideas for improvement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in parallel, and meet constantly changing timelines
- Advanced understanding of the PC and peripherals industry and technologies
Able to analyze complex, multi-variable tradeoffs to make business case recommendations