Head of Pre-Sales, APJ
Singapore, SingaporeJob ID 1505665 Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
Globally recognized as a leading center of finance, shipping, and travel, Singapore is an impressive blend of culture and commerce. From fast-growing startups to established multi-national corporations, we're fortunate to have opportunities to work with a wide range of clients and industries. With its thriving local tech community, world-class education, and healthcare systems, the Lion City is a perfect home for our Pivots in APAC.
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Our people are our strategic advantage here at Pivotal and our People (Human Resources) teams around the world partner with the business to drive employee engagement, development and retention. We are committed to transforming our People function in order to be true strategic partners to the businesses we support. Working in People Operations at Pivotal means being part of a global team that helps drive our business forward each and every day in truly special and impactful ways. You have the opportunity to work with different teams so you’ll experience all types of teams, products, and technologies.
We live by our Values.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software. If these values resonate with you, read on.
- An experienced, proven technical leader in the APJ region - experience with either pre-sales, consulting or technical sales in APJ would be necessary.
- Familiarity with DevOps, IaaS, and/or PaaS or related technology within the Enterprise context, application development at scale.
- Proactive communication style, with proven ability to build trust and respect from the team.
- Demonstrated success in hiring, motivating and retaining world class international teams in the Asia Pacific regions
- Ability to navigate within a matrix organization and influence senior leadership
- Track record of actively participating in large, complex sales engagements with relationships with C-Level Executives.
- Leads, manages and motivates a team of Platform Architects (pre-sales specialists) across APJ
- Continually develops the talent in the Platform Architect organisation to meet current and future business needs. Ensures continuous performance feedback, skills assessment and individual development plans are integrated across the team
- Create Platform Architect resource plan to support the APJ business plan
- Works closely with Sales to manage the coverage model and ensure that customers are aligned with the right resources to deliver on commitments and drive results.
- Responsible for driving an efficient hiring process, building a talent pipeline of potential candidates and meeting the Platform Architect headcount plan.
- Partners with VP Sales to set sales strategy for PCF in APJ. Works with regional Sales Leadership to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Participate in, and contribute to sales forecast and pipeline reviews
- Reviews account penetration strategies for critical accounts. Leverages knowledge of PCF competitive solutions to effectively position a Pivotal solution and prepares the sales organization for customer objections.
- Ensures Engagement and Consumption Plans are completed successfully
- Builds and maintains senior customer relationships and acts as APJ escalation point for major technical issues
- Presents Pivotal value proposition to Key customers, and represent the company as a senior technical leader.
- Manages business networks across the organization and customer base in support of PCF sales objectives
- Facilitate to provide feedback to R&D on PCF product/solution needs to meet customer requirements
Required Skills / Experiences
- At least 10 years’ experience leading highly skilled pre-sales teams within the enterprise software market
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a STEM major
- Must be willing to travel across APJ.
- Ability to lead in a constantly evolving environment, manage multiple priorities and ambiguity.
- Executive level business acumen which enables you to serve as a thought partner with customers
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex technologies.
- Decisive, results and execution orientated with demonstrable achievement of success
Pivotal offers a competitive compensation/benefits package, diverse and inclusive work environment, flexible work arrangement, contributions to communities, and a culture that encourages empathy, learning, transparency and innovation.