Global Supply Management Advisor
Singapore, SingaporeJob ID R043498 Date posted Oct. 30, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Global Supply Management Advisor in our Market Commodity, WWP team in Dell Singapore.
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfill your ambitions and potential.
This role is principally responsible for global supply planning for their specific platform/commodity area within Dell’s WWP, Market Commodity function. The Global Supply Manager will directly report to the Procurement Director within WWP Market Commodities and ensures sourcing efforts meet business goals and objectives.
The incumbent also engages activities related to global sourcing, supplier selection, product delivery specifications, and quality. One other primary role allows opportunities to develop and maintain working relationships with global internal/external supply chain partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs short-term and long-term capacity analysis for their commodity
- Coordinates global supply with regional procurement and balances available supply against supplier capacity
- Performs long-range capacity analysis for their commodity and identifies industry constrained components
- Conducts risk analysis of components and escalates when required
- Issues program forecast to suppliers on a regular basis
- Identifies industry-constrained components for their commodity area of responsibility
- Responsible for management for a commodity/platform
- 7-8 years of relevant experience with strong business acumen, MBA preferred
- Manages projects and program execution details in a structured manner; strong ability to execute demand supply resolution Issues
- Leverage knowledge of change management practices and philosophies
- Detail-oriented and comfortable with documenting/tracking progress, including leveraging key tools or software to ensure projects are properly supported with strong planning (material and capacity) analysis skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to engage with executive level leaders, including executive level presentations