Director, Pivotal Labs (Singapore)
Singapore,Job ID 1932569 Date posted Oct. 30, 2019
Director, Pivotal Labs (Singapore)
Job Location: Singapore
About your potential future team:
Pivotal Labs is Pivotal's consulting team, and a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the world’s most influential companies, helping them not only build great software, but fundamentally create a culture of innovation. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management and collaboration tool used by thousands of agile teams worldwide. Our approach is informed by over 20 years of experience and continuous improvement, and blends agile/XP, lean and user-centered design.
A typical day in this role:
- Oversee the health of the people, projects, and pipeline in the Singapore office
- Work collaboratively with Labs leadership to define and reach goals such as revenue, utilization, gross margin, and bookings.
- Partner with Sales and R&D teams to drive adoption of Pivotal software products, as measured by project-level adoption and product bookings
- Partner with recruiting organization to define strategic approach to recruiting and support appropriate growth
- Manage a local leadership team consisting of associate directors and people managers
- Support a team of client liaisons (CL) for engagements you are responsible for:
- Scale agile to work in parallel across many clients and many teams
- Set-up clients and teams so that they can operate with a high degree of autonomy and self-organization
- Set and manage client expectations
- Stay updated on project health
- Play an active role in getting a project to a healthier place when not healthy
- Check in on project team morale
- Keep relevant client and Pivotal stakeholders updated on current status
- Ensure quality and best practices across all projects
- Manage staffing of team members on projects in collaboration with CLs
- Manage and communicate status of projects, gathering intelligence via Client Liaisons, clients, and Pivots for all teams
- Develop and maintain a healthy team by ensuring local management team has guidance and
- Manage office leadership team and coach reports based on 360 feedback and professional development plans
- Identify and support career development opportunities
- Promote Balanced Team at Pivotal: integrate and enrich development, product design, product management, and data science cultures internally
- Work effectively with the sales organization and ensure office leadership is qualifying sales leads and supporting Sales organization in closing business
- Advise all salespeople on how and when to sell product development services
- Create and negotiate proposals and SOWs
- Actively recruit and own relationships with Startup leads
- Keep relevant CRM systems updated (Salesforce, etc.)
- Represent Pivotal Labs in scopings, sales calls & follow ups
- Partner with HR to develop growth plans for new leaders and Pivots
- Work effectively with the larger Pivotal Customer Success Organization (CSO) to ensure a consistent and supportive approach to client relationships.
- Have a deep understanding of the value add of our Product offerings and a cursive knowledge of their technical aspects. Understand where our Products can help customers and provide feedback to the Product teams on how our solutions can evolve.
- Reach out and represent Pivotal to relevant communities, and lead the conversation around our ideas and practices via blog posts, meetups, and conferences.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years prior experience running a business and working directly with clients in a delivery role specifically with a PM/Design/Engineering background
- 3+ years enterprise software delivery experience
- Preferred experience working in a similar role with a consultancy or organization
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Industry experience a plus
We really care about our employees and offer:
- Pivotal offers a very competitive compensation package (Base Salary + + a generous RSU program)
- Benefits package (subsidized medical health insurance, Risk benefits, and other insured benefits)
- 12 weeks paid parental Leave to support our families - all parents eligible
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program allowance - We encourage our Pivots to a healthy lifestyle
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional annual development allowance
- Access to our unique Headspace guided meditation - Free to Pivotal employees!
- Adoption leave (12 weeks pay for eligible child)
About our Singapore Office:
Located in the heart of the CBD inside the amazing new Funan Mall, which has an indoor climbing wall, a rooftop garden, and a spectacular array of shops and restaurants, our Singapore office is located ideally for inspiring the next generation of software companies. Pivots are empowered to thrive in our collaborative culture which includes numerous benefits such as daily breakfast, lunch & learns and “stand up” team meetings.
The Singapore tech industry is expected to experience rapid growth and is on the cusp of a revolution fueled by startups. Bigger players are also building new technology teams with Pivotal helping brands like Singapore Power, DBS, and Singapore Airlines transform the way they build software. Learn more about the Singapore office and our Pivots
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines our cloud-native platform, tools, and unique methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most important software applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies to achieve strategic advantages in software development and IT operations.
Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software. Learn more at pivotal.io.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software.
Our way of working
Agile, lean and domain driven design concepts are at the core of our process. We have a whole host of Pivotal Practices around reducing risk and getting value into the hands of users early. We are excited to teach these to you and innovate with you on their implementation.
So, do you want to join the Pivotal family? All interested candidates please apply now!
To our recruitment friends: we are in no need of assistance, thank you.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.