Data Analytics Translator
Singapore, SingaporeJob ID R039583 Date posted Nov. 04, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Data Analytics Translator on our Supply chain Data, Analytics and Automation team in Singapore.
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models.
What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
We are actively looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our Supply Chain Data Analytics and Automation team. If you are curious by nature and inspired by how data is changing the world, then we are interested in talking with you.
You should excel and thrive in a fast paced, collaborative and iterative environment. You’re driven to show the world the power of data and applied analytics and loves learning, data, scale and agility as well as excel in making complex concepts simple and easy to understand by those around you.
Roles and responsibilities
- To act as the critical bridge being technical team of data scientists and supply chain stakeholders facilitating the construction of data science enabled solutions to business problems.
- Provide data science services and work with stakeholders to assess demands and suggest data science methods that provide practical, value-added answers for the company. Have a high level of understanding of data and analytics technologies and as well as underlying theoretical knowledge of statistical predictive models.
- Passionate about asking and answering questions in large datasets and have a strong desire to create strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you.
- Deep dive into data to find answers to yet unknown questions and have a natural desire to go beneath the surface of a problem.
- Possess ability to think strategically about how to use data to drive competitive advantages.
- Creatively visualize and effectively communicate data findings and insights in a variety of formats.
The position offers
Opportunity to drive cutting-edge strategies and digital solutions for one of the industry’s most respected supply chain
Access and interaction with executive leadership team at a Fortune 50 company
Opportunity to work with a highly motivated team that invests in your development
A commitment to diversity and inclusion
Competitive compensation including bonus plans and a great benefit package
Exciting internal career opportunities to different roles
Bachelor / Masters in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or Data Science
- Consulting and problem solving mindset: Ability to work with ambiguity and uncertainty, digest business problems and propose analytical solutions to derive value and outcomes
- Domain knowledge of end to end supply chain and relevant analytics techniques including forecasting, clustering, anomaly detection, and optimisation
- Facilitate data scientists to build predictive models, and balance performance with return on investment
- Communicate confidently to senior stakeholders, and explain deeply technical concepts to a non technical audience
- Knowledge of researching, selecting, building and tuning statistical models
- BI, Data Mining, Machine Learning experience
- Experience working in agile teams
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.