Consultant, HR Business Partner
Singapore, SingaporeJob ID R045079 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an HR Business Partner on our Human Resources team in Asia Pacific & Japan.
Who keeps the Dell organization robust and resilient? It’s our team of HR Business Partners who consult with executive leaders on organization design and development in line with our overall business strategy. We work in partnership with business leadership teams to understand the business strategy and to identify opportunities to increase organizational effectiveness and productivity. We are responsible for developing and executing human capital strategies and activities that enable growth, innovation and overall organizational effectiveness. Additionally, the HRBP will be responsible for driving corporate led initiatives and communicating how these programs fit in with the overall business and HR strategy. The HRBP must be able to communicate at the executive level, collaborate across boundaries and geographies and work with colleagues across the business and across the broad HR team. This role will regularly need to align and collaborate with the global Sales organizations, the regional HR services teams and other internal HR specialty teams such as talent acquisition, talent development, compensation and benefits, etc. The business partner will be the trusted advisor for the leadership team. They will participate as an extended member of the executive team and will provide coaching and counsel.
- Aligns to 3-5 VPs/SVPs. Consults with business leaders on talent, leadership, business strategy, organization development, rewards and culture
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group
- identifies and shares root causes of human resources issues with relevant HR Centers of Excellence to shape global HR programs and policies
- Customizes company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., rewards and pay planning review, workforce planning, culture and organizational change) for assigned business and drives successful implementation and change management
- Manages escalations and dispute resolutions through company programs and policies
- Viewed as a strategic partner, change agent and member of the line leadership team
- Scans and benchmarks the marketplace to identify and leverage best practices and trends to influence the business and HR agenda
- Brings forward-looking perspective and knowledge to advise, shape and lead the long-term people agenda
- Contributes to the evolution of the HR function, leveraging external intelligence and providing innovative ideas and approaches
- Consulting skills, experience in an HR consulting practice or similar capacity
- Relevant examples of introducing new approaches or though leadership
- Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies; specific experience leading HR business plans focused on Leadership, Organization, Talent Management and Culture
- Relevant experience driving organizational design, talent and change efforts to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives
- Strong client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with executive leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically
- Demonstrated ability to develop, analyze and respond to HR and company metrics
- Demonstrated ability to drive broad complex projects to successful completion
- Executive communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Examples of leading cross-functional team collaboration, influencing without authority and leading by example
- Undergraduate and 8-10 years of relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Some travel will be required
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re a change agent who can work in partnership with executive leaders to enhance business performance, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.