Singapore, SingaporeJob ID R75711 Date posted May. 21, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Commodity Manager on our Singapore team.
A ground-breaking company making game-changing products needs an exceptional supply chain. Commodity Management within Materials and Procurement develops and implements plans to support forecasted needs for suppliers or commodities. We use our in-depth knowledge of foreign and domestic markets to negotiate supplier agreements and contracts with optimum pricing and terms. We also harness our understanding of commodity qualities, transportation options, risk management and supply chain evaluation models to develop optimal commodity management strategies.
- Develop commodity sourcing strategy and execute to best deliver to cost, supply, and innovation targets
- Negotiate commodity cost based on market dynamics and financial commitments to key internal stakeholders
- Track and anticipate financial performance and industry dynamics, and report to executive teams on a monthly basis
- Manage supplier relationship and improve their scorecard performance
- Manage internal stakeholder relationship in driving new product introductions, commodity/technology lifecycle, demand/supply, etc
- Track and support new technology development for assigned products/suppliers
- Support continuity of supply leveraging the relationship with suppliers, internal stakeholders and supply managers
- Implement Dell initiatives with supply base as required; identify opportunities for supply chain optimization and implement as appropriate
- Drive complexity reduction across different lines of businesses
- With minimal direction, develops strategies to improve overall supplier performance, gain strategic and executive alignment for supplier recommendations and ensure the commodity team strategy meets internal business objectives
- Maximizes and optimizes overall leverage with supply base while driving adoption and implementation of new technologies
- Drives resolutions for issues within the supplier and negotiates product cost and contracts, involving executives as appropriate
- Identifies and implements opportunities for cost savings optimization
- Challenges supply chain norms to generate out of the box opportunities for cost savings and supply chain optimization and implements as appropriate
- Performs and communicates supply chain cost forecasting or revenue opportunities based on trend analysis and market conditions
- Develops and maintains relationships with executives and senior executives at suppliers
- Mentors lower level team members
- Extensive supply chain related experience at Dell or other world-class IT device manufacturer preferably in PC space
- Experience with supply chain and processes, as well as key commodities
- Experience leading strategy development in supply chain management and optimization
- Excellent analysis skills in price, cost, supply, and market dynamics
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Excellent executive level communication skills in documentation (PPT) as well as verbal
- Experience in driving continuity of supply and complexity reduction related initiatives
- Demonstrated performance in high-paced and volatile work environment
- 4+ years working in supply chain with Master’s degree in relevant areas (or 8+ years with Bachelor’s degree)
- Knowledge and understanding of broader Dell supply chain, organization structure, and processes
- Experience with creating significant and meaningful impact in supply chain capacity involving multiple stakeholders including suppliers
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can combine polished negotiating skills with strong market knowledge, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.