Software Principal Engineer
Shanghai, ChinaJob ID R34336 Date posted Mar. 22, 2019
This position is for a Product Software Engineer working on Dell’s next-generation Linux OS within the Product Group. The successful candidate, acting as technical leader, will be responsible for delivering Linux Enablement solutions on our Industrial PC product portfolio, including design, development, risk assessment and issue resolution. This role will collaborate with colleagues throughout Dell to deliver product to position Dell as a leader in this space. Meanwhile, the successful candidate will collaborate with technical provider to drive the resolutions of issues and influence new feature improvement.
Dell’s Engineering Mission is to meet our commitments and deliver differentiated and disruptive products, experiences and solutions which excite our sales teams, stun our competition and delight our customers. Dell provides boundless opportunities for lateral and upward mobility and growth. We have a Mentor Connect program that enables you to seek mentor-ship to support personal and professional development. Dell also has “Engineering Academy” that provides tools and courses to develop and strengthen functional engineering skills, deepen technical expertise, enhance personal effectiveness, and strengthen leadership skills.
- 6+ years of industry experience working with OS/driver or related system technologies.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware architecture, Device drivers and OS internals.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description
- Able to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience.
- Familiarity with several Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies. Able to define and document how a specific Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance method will be used for specific projects.
- Able to participate and add value in all phases of software development: feasibility, design, implementation, integration, test and delivery.
- Undergraduate degree with 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree with 4-6 years relevant experience.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, EE or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of SW/HW Product Development
- Good Vendor management and Project management skills
- Working knowledge of Linux or open source experience is preferred.
- Experience with Linux Kernel development or Linux driver development is preferred.
- Experience with Python and C/C++ is preferred.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.