Shanghai, ChinaJob ID R86001 Date posted Jun. 04, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Engineer on our Storage Integrated Offerings team in Shanghai, China.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
The software developer that fills this role will have the following responsibilities:
- Create quality software that integrates storage and ecosystem technologies.
- Work with product owners and engineering leads to understand use cases and features.
- Participate in the preparation, review and analysis of software specifications.
- Participate in design and implementation of product features and improvements, working with the team to coordinate development efforts.
- Deliver code and participate in code reviews.
- Work with test engineers to ensure proper coverage and the delivery of a high quality product.
- Follow Scrum processes.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 1-3 years software development experience.
- Strong programming skills and experience interfacing with REST APIs.
- Experience working in an agile environment using the Scrum process.
- Fluent oral and written English.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with the Atlassian suite of tools (Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira).
- Experience working with automation or orchestration platforms.
- Experience working with Git.
- Experience working with storage platforms.
- Experience working with VMware.
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working with Ansible.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.