Shanghai, ChinaJob ID R36254 Date posted Mar. 19, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Engineer on our Storage Integrated Offerings team in Shanghai, China.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
The software developer that fills this role will have the following responsibilities:
- Create quality software that integrates storage and ecosystem technologies.
- Work with product owners and engineering leads to understand use cases and features.
- Participate in the preparation, review and analysis of software specifications.
- Participate in design and implementation of product features and improvements, working with the team to coordinate development efforts.
- Deliver code and participate in code reviews.
- Work with test engineers to ensure proper coverage and the delivery of a high quality product.
- Follow Scrum processes.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Up to 1 year of software development experience.
- Strong programming skills and experience interfacing with REST APIs.
- Operates with agility and adapts to technologies and processes quickly.
- Fluent oral and written English.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- Experience working with Git and/or GitHub.
- Experience working with storage platforms.
- Experience working with VMware.
- Experience working with automation or orchestration platforms such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Experience working in an agile environment using the Scrum process.