Software Development Manager-JAVA Full Stack
Shanghai, ChinaJob ID R94842 Date posted Jun. 13, 2019
Software Development Manager
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Development Manager in our Shanghai team.
We drive new storage orchestration solutions for our customers virtualized ecosystems utilizing cutting edge technologies. This exciting role provides the opportunity to lead a team in a very fast paced, agile environment that requires strong leadership, flexibility, sound judgement and creative thinking.
Location: Shanghai, China
- Lead a talented Software Engineering team to deliver innovative, high quality products on a foundation of architectural and engineering excellence.
- Provide leadership and mentor in engineering best practices, including agile development methodologies, service architectures, and design patterns.
- Grow the team, by recruiting and retaining talent.
- Continuously improve team efficiency through technical growth, process, and tools.
- Results-oriented team leader who is accountable and drives execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience leading software development teams.
- Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, and technical leadership
- Strong English communication skills, both spoken and written, are required
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous product development efforts and programs.
- Demonstrated drive and ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Experience with VMware technologies.
- Experience with interfacing with REST APIs.
- Experience with Test Driven Development or Behavior Driven Development.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Experience with enterprise storage, including DellEMC specific technologies.
- Experience with vRealize Orchestrator
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.