Senior Software Engineer - Platform
Shanghai, ChinaJob ID R034067 Date posted Sep. 10, 2019
Senior Software Engineer - Platform
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Software Engineer on our UDS platform team in Shanghai.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- As a member of the UDS platform engineering team, you are expected to be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of high quality code on OS, device driver, applications. Additional responsibilities include participation in and contribution to design reviews, the ability to write functional specifications, provide white papers that appropriately describe advanced technology, and initialize and develop test plans. You should have rich experience in Linux system/kernel programming and the knowledge on distributed systems and storage systems are very desired.
- Technical Bachelor or Master’s degree (Computer Science, and other related) with 3-7 years’ experiences.
- Knowledge and hands on experiences with Linux system or driver development
- Proficient in C/C++, familiar with scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell
- Familiar with Linux/Unix administration, Linux kernel, Linux driver
- Strong debugging skills.
- Good at algorithms
- Good understanding of OS and/or system level knowledge, practical experience in multi-threaded software development
- Proficient written and oral English communication skills
- Familiarity with file systems, storage systems, or distributed systems
- Familiarity with current and next generation storage protocols, including SATA, SAS, NVMe and NVMeoF
- Solid understanding of bus protocols (primarily PCIe)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes platform development.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.