Senior Analyst Purchasing
Shanghai, ChinaJob ID R31813 Date posted Jul. 15, 2019
Senior Analyst Purchasing
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Analyst Purchasing on our Global Materials team in Shanghai
Our products drive human progress. Our Purchasing team drives the progress of our supply systems. We lead strategic and operational commodity teams, while developing supplier strategy, long-range plans and the optimization of the global supply chain. Our remit includes setting delivery performance goals and implementing procurement initiatives and process improvements. We also oversee the planning and obtaining of materials, components, equipment and services for all parts of the business, including checking requisitions, developing new supply sources and ensuring best quality at best value from third parties.
- Understands and applies principles, concepts, theories, technologies and standards of professional field.
- Develops and applies specialized knowledge within own discipline.
- Deepens knowledge through exposure to new assignments and continuous learning.
- Knowledge of related industry considerations.
- Good working knowledge and demonstrated ability utilizing systems, tools and procedures to accomplish job.
- Builds deeper understanding of processes, procedures, customers and organization.
- Assists prCoordinates activities and processes.
- Coordinates activities and processes.
- Applies research, information gathering and analytical and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate complexity.
- Screens, categorizes, evaluates, reconciles, reports and resolves data integrity issues.
- Interprets generally defined practices and methods.
- Recognizes and acts on inconsistencies in data or results and escalates unusual problems.
- Identifies issues beyond stated situation.
- Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on business matters.
- Involved with local or business specific engagement initiatives in support of broader programs.
- Works under general direction.
- Work is guided by objectives of the area or assignment.
- Refers to established policies and precedents
- as needed.
- Applies discretion and independent judgment to identify when deviation from standard practice is required without prior approval.
- May set project timeframes and priorities based on project objectives and ongoing assignments.
- Assumes responsibility to improve service, efficiency and quality of work.
- When assigned to a customer team, actively participates on small to medium sized project teams in support of customer deliverables.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive our supply chain to give us competitive advantage, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.