RG Senior Software Engineer
Shanghai, ChinaJob ID R90217 Date posted Jul. 24, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a SoftwareEngineer on our VxRail team in Shanghai.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
• Design and develop on software stack, for end to end product.
• Produce technical design documentation for the engineering/support team and end-user.
• Manage peer code-reviews and UT to maintain high quality delivery.
• Engineering oriented climate and team working
• Interact cross functionally on matters that require coordination across functional/organizational lines
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 0~2 years of experience in development of enterprise server hardware & management software.
• Knowledge of development languages, like Java, Python, PowerShell.
• Knowledge of project management with Maven.
• Knowledge of Linux development environment.
• Knowledge and experience of web app (frontend and backend) is a plus
• Knowledge of virtualization technology is a plus
• Knowledge of x86 server architecture is a plus
• Knowledge of database design and operation is a plus
• Good ability to deliver work under pressure and tight schedules.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good written and verbal English.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.