Principal Software Engineer
Shanghai, ChinaJob ID R027662 Date posted Aug. 20, 2019
Principal Software Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Principal Software Engineer] on our [VxRail] team in [Shanghai].
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Provides technical direction to the planning, design, and architecture of HCI infrastructure
- Provide technical design, functional, technical and user documentation
- Deep dive into existing code bases to understand designs, issues, and opportunities
- Hands on collaborative development to drive high quality software and processes.
- Lead design reviews across numerous teams
- Demonstrate effective adoption of 3rd party technology
- Drive the technology for cross-functional implementations
- Inspire adoption of best practices across the organization
- Mentor and inspire others
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree + 10 years development experience.
- Design and development experience of highly-available, large-scale, service-oriented architecture
- A good working knowledge of virtualization, hyper-converged infrastructure, software-defined storage architecture best practices
- Experience developing large scale, HA systems, ideally with cloud based deployments.
- Good knowledge in physical and virtualized infrastructure management
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.