Manager SW Engineering – Isilon In-Market Engineering:
Shanghai, ChinaJob ID R99696 Date posted Feb. 22, 2019
Join the Dell/EMC Isilon Engineering organization and be a leader on a growing In-Market Engineering team.
This exciting role provides the opportunity to lead a team that solves real customer impacting issues in all areas of the product daily and enables broad understand of Isilon scale-out technology.
Be an integral part of a highly performing and visible team that drives total customer experience and customer satisfaction!
Location: Shanghai, China
- Grow the team, by recruiting and retaining talent.
- Continuously improve team efficiency through technical growth, process, and tools.
- A technical leader with experience as an accomplished developer and has lead and grown a team of experienced developers.
- Mentor and coach individually with the right balance of direction and support.
- Results-oriented team leader who is accountable and drives execution.
- Measure by metrics: ability to understand the problem, what data is available, and ability to determine what data will incentivize the intended result.
- Champion design and implementation requirements for future OneFS products, particularly with regards to supportability and sustainability.
- Participate in on-call rotation for non-business hour engineering coverage.
- Strong English communication skills, both spoken and written, are required for interaction with team members, senior members of the staff and other organizations
- Strong problem solving skills
- Presentation skills: able to present a roadmap, a simple fix, or an endemic problem: clearly, concisely, and with purpose
- Conflict resolution skills: able to work between teams, contribute to unity across organizations.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and new products.
- Ability to context-switch while ensuring the highest quality of work.
- Demonstrated expertise and continued desire to lead a highly cross-functional organization with remotely located and international team members
- Strong operational and project management skills. Must be results driven and possess a proven track record for execution.
- Demonstrated drive and ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of prior management experience
- Experience as a developer working on a SW engineering dev team.
- Minimum 2 years Systems Administration experience
- File System, Protocol or Networking experience
- Experience with Storage (preferably NAS) a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.