Hardware Platform and Systems Release Manager
Shanghai, ChinaJob ID R032342 Date posted Sep. 16, 2019
Platform and System Release Manager
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Platform and System Release Manager on our Platform and System Engineering (PSE) team in Shanghai.
Showcasing excellence and innovation at every stage, Product Management is responsible for the cross-functional management of products or solutions through their entire lifecycle. Using a wealth of technical and industry experience, we work across functional areas to implement our products or solutions. We undertake a thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize profitability and adjust our product strategies to respond to competition. Our role also involves acting as subject matter experts for internal and external product events or partner meetings.
- Document and publish hardware specifications, how components are structured to platforms, and family tree
- System-level issue resolution, coordinating triage teams and activities and driving issue resolution to closure
- Participate in technical cross-functional meetings to discuss drive quals, approved changes, open issues, upcoming releases
- Drive Component and FW qual and release cycles
- Provide and track sample delivery for business unit qualification efforts resulting in specification updates
- Update and release system specs, hardware structures, firmware changes through SAP Change Requests
- Product, technology and knowledge in manufacturing processes associated with engineering programs
- Understanding of elements associated with the release of platforms and hardware solutions to manufacturing
- Strong experience in design and the design engineering process
- Ability to work in a team environment
Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products