Senior Account Manager
Seoul, South KoreaJob ID 1782932 Date posted Jul. 25, 2019
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Our people are our strategic advantage here at Pivotal and our People (Human Resources) teams around the world partner with the business to drive employee engagement, development and retention. We are committed to transforming our People function in order to be true strategic partners to the businesses we support. Working in People Operations at Pivotal means being part of a global team that helps drive our business forward each and every day in truly special and impactful ways. You have the opportunity to work with different teams so you’ll experience all types of teams, products, and technologies.
We live by our Values.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software. If these values resonate with you, read on.
What We’re Looking for:
The mission of a Pivotal channel salesperson is to build up Pivotal’s Korea channel program & process and recruit industry focus partner and territory focus partners.
- Work with Pivotal APJ and HQ on the partner agreements
- Enable partners to sell Pivotal products
- Carry Korea team quota and help all field sales to achieve numbers, channel contribution will be one of important complementary for our current direct selling model.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Prior experience in individual sales role on big industry or big enterprise
- Familiar major local ISVs and Sis and have strong connections with them
- Strong channel development experiences
- Software background is mandatory
- Intellectual curiosity - a bright self learner who is challenged by innovative technology
- Excellent communication skills (fluent in English and Mandarin) combined with very strong presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate a point of view
- Entrepreneurial spirit or experience working in a fluid (e.g., start up) and in a team environment
- Very strong work ethic (persistent, tenacious, ability to multi-task and go the extra mile on a regular basis)
- Strong understanding of how to grow a market and proven track record of increasing revenue through new customer acquisition
- Proven ability to sell to CXO and lines of business within large enterprises; ability to understand industry trends and business environments to successfully sell the business value vs. packaged product
- At least 10 years of enterprise sales experience, ideally with 5+ years successful software sales experience with focusing on enterprise solutions selling in one or more of the following: PaaS, Application Development, Middleware, Analytics, Open Source, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and/or Hadoop “Big Data”
- Able to close large deals (e.g., US$1M and above) that include software subscription sales and services. Experience in holding an individual quota.
- Strong sales operational capabilities and familiar with sales reporting.
Pivotal offers a competitive compensation/benefits package, diverse and inclusive work environment, flexible work arrangement, contributions to communities, and a culture that encourages empathy, learning, transparency and innovation.