UDS Sr. Business Development Manager - Media & Entertainment
ColoradoJob ID R92742 Date posted Mar. 12, 2019
Sr. Business Development Manager Media & Entertainment
Dell’s Unstructured Data Solutions (UDS) sales organization is looking for an exceptional business development leader that brings a good blend of business, technical, and marketing skills, to be responsible for increasing our global business in the Media & Entertainment space. This role reports into the Unstructured Data Solutions sales organization. You’ll be responsible for the overall development of UDS strategy in M&E and adjacent markets. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for the prioritization and development of the strategic alliances with industry-leading ISVs – aligned to Broadcast, Content Creation, Content Delivery, and AI workloads. In addition forming partnerships with key Channel partners. The strategic alliance with these partners should enable and accelerate sales by providing Dell mindshare with the partner organizations, technical validations, sales enablement, joint go-to-market, and thought leadership. The candidate will lead a cross functional team to exceed the UDS M&E revenue targets by driving pipeline development and enabling pipeline conversion through UDS sales, channel partners, and other sales conveyances.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Forge strong relationships with the Unstructured Data Solutions sales team and become their trusted partner and M&E subject matter expert.
· Works closely with sales and account managers to support sales opportunities by engaging and leveraging key M&E partners in the sales cycle.
· Develops the overall UDS M&E strategy – including ISV plan, bookings and pipeline plan, technical integration and validation plan, sales enablement plan, and go-to-market plan.
· Works with technical resources to ensure ISV integrations and validations are met
· Ensures appropriate sales mapping of Unstructured Data Solutions Sales with ISV/partner sales
· Support M&E industry events
· Provide support to the global Unstructured Data Solutions Sales organization by providing subject matter expertise, partner management, and sales enablement to complement UDS sales efforts and accelerate pipeline conversion.
· Work with Marketing to publish and highlight customer wins through case studies, PR, and social media.
· Ensures Unstructured Data Solutions Sales, Core sales, Channel Partners, ecosystem partners are educated to present the UDS M&E strategy and value proposition to their customers and prospects.
· Minimum 10-years experience working in the M&E industry with contacts at key ISVs aligned to Broadcast, Content Creation, Content Delivery, and AI workloads
· Comfortable meeting with and presenting the UDS developed M&E strategy and value proposition to key internal and external customers
· Ability to build trusted relationships with the UDS and Core sales teams to support their sales achievement targets
· Effective communicator that can manage both business and technical relationships with a wide array of technology and channel partners across the globe
· Ability to work effectively with senior management
· Customer focused
· Problem solving skills
· Negotiation skills
· Ability to influence others to achieve results
· Sales driven (& you hate to lose)
· Ability to execute
· Sense of urgency
· Ability to multi-task
· Willing to travel 25% of the time
· MBA a plus