Tech Content Developer 4_183309BR
Seattle, WashingtonJob ID R93632 Date posted Feb. 11, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Technical Content Developer 4.
Ground-breaking products deserve to be accompanied by world-class technical information. Dell customers expect nothing less. That’s where our Technical Content Development team comes in. Working side-by-side with editors and illustrators, subject matter experts and stakeholders, the team creates clear, concise and easy-to-understand content for multiple channels. It takes an ability to research, analyze and synthesize complex subject matter. And it’s all underpinned by an understanding of how our technologies work and how they benefit customers.
- Represents the organization on project teams and may perform technical project leadership roles, while fostering teamwork and collaboration within and across work groups.
- Works with Agile teams to scope out and plan for the documentation requirements for new projects.
- Works with engineers and QA in an Agile team to retrieve, organize, analyze and synthesize complex subject matter and transform it into easy-to-understand information for specific audiences.
- Employs various authoring and desktop publishing software tools to produce finished products that include printed or electronic publications.
- Experience working with project management tools such as Rally, JIRA, or Collabnet
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fast learner who can come up to speed quickly.
- Self-starter who is not afraid to ask questions.
- Flexible. Can cope with change and proceed without having all the answers.
- Effective communicator – with manager, with engineers, with other writers.
- Able to balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, rapidly changing start-up environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- 10-14 years industry and writing experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Experience with structured authoring (DITA )
- Familiarity with compute, storage, network, management or virtualization in data center solutions.
- DITA authoring (LCA/SDL LiveContent)
- HTM5 help systems
- Max 0 - 5 bullet point of requirements that may be helpful, but not necessary
- Rally, Collabnet, or JIRA
- Experience or familiarity with open source tools.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re keen to create technical content that gives a world-class user experience to global customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.