Software Principal Engineer
Seattle, WashingtonJob ID R75643 Date posted Jun. 06, 2019
Principal Software Engineer
*Remote US / Virtual Opportunity
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Have you ever thought to build architectures and solutions in hyperscale cloud environment like Microsoft Azure, AWS and Google GCP? Do you enjoy a challenge and improving services already at scale? Our team of engineers at Virtustream work to design, build and operate cloud-based systems for some of the biggest companies in the world. The multi cloud engineering team is looking for individuals with a diverse set of experience and skills to design and build scalable solutions by leveraging the capability offered by hyperscale clouds and the latest technologies, including micro-service, Golang, NoSQL database etc.
- Working with the Product Owner team to discuss and finalize requirements.
- Leading team on system architecture design.
- Working across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals
- Designing and leading the effort on automation, CI/CD processes, and tools to make our services simpler and more robust
- Participating in troubleshooting, capacity planning and analysis, performance analysis activities
Must Have Requirements:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of application development experience
- Professional experience in design, development and operating in cloud environments
- Hands-on operational skills working in a critical production service environment - distributed systems, cloud native solution, monitoring/logging, continuous deployment, etc.
- Technical lead experience in collaborative coding environments
- Capable of working in collaborative coding environments (peer review, continuous integration, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with Linux/Unix development or systems administration
- Strong knowledge working with SAP systems
- Recent application programming experience including but not limited to Golang, Python and Java.
- Familiarity working with containers and API driven services
- Experience on hyperscale cloud technics and solutions
- Creativity, initiative and acute attention to detail
- A thirst for innovation and solving problems at lightning speed
- Passion for automating everything repetitive
- Experience working in distributed, remote teams across multiple time zones
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.