Senior Systems Engineer (Enterprise Pre-Sales / Infrastructure Data Center Solutions)
Seattle, WashingtonJob ID R81458 Date posted May. 27, 2019
The business is looking for a people-focused technical sales leader who provides technical direction and business guidance to the regional sales team. As a Sr. Sales Engineer, you will be accountable for regional revenue goals by driving innovative technical programs and overseeing day-to-day account-level activities.
The successful candidate must be a highly technical professional possessing in-depth knowledge of the storage industry and virtualization who should be able to demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise in the data center product space.
This position defines the overall Dell solution for the customer and makes presentations on all aspects of company products and services.
- At this level, supports highly complex accounts Gains access and manages relationships with executive level technical staff and decision makers
- May devise new approaches/methods to selling enterprise/client products and services
- Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment
- Verifies roles and responsibilities required to support account team
- Understands market and industry data to provide thought leadership to position value of the solution
- Leverages third-party and/or the Channel to create and position the solution
- Provides counsel across account team in analyzing customer requirements and performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution using breadth of our products and services
- Senior level sales engineer with expert understanding of our product and services portfolio
- Qualifies highly complex sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Presents the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management at a senior, sometimes executive level
- Provides high-level technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market.
- Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions.
- Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration.
- Makes technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management.
- Understands DELL EMC and competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. May assist in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required. Conducts research, answers questions and removes objections that arise in a sales campaign.
Applicable markets: Enterprise, Commercial, Partner, Specialist/Practice
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ yrs of pre-sales systems engineering / presales experience
- Competitive understanding of the different storage vendors offerings from HDS, IBM, Oracle, NetApp, etc.
- Expertise in multiple areas as it relates to data center architecture including virtualization and/or SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Flash, convergence/hyper-convergence, HPC, advanced server technology, devops, big data, etc.
- Working knowledge of Storage Analysis and Monitoring Tools
- In-depth knowledge of Enterprise class storage.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, virtual memory subsystem and scale-out storage architecture is a plus.
- Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications.
- EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
- A self-motivated leader, highly energetic, with a strong hands-on, can do approach.
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives.
- A high level of business acumen and experience working with customers, bringing technology solutions to solve business challenges.
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- NICE TO HAVE: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.