Senior Product Manager, Isilon OneFS
Seattle, WashingtonJob ID R13449 Date posted Jun. 20, 2019
Senior Product Manager, Isilon
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Product Manager on our Isilon team in Seattle, WA.
Showcasing excellence and innovation at every stage, Product Management is responsible for the cross-functional management of products or solutions through their entire lifecycle. Using a wealth of technical and industry experience, we work across functional areas to implement our products or solutions. We undertake thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize profitability and adjust our product strategies to respond to competition. Our role also involves acting as subject matter experts for internal and external product events or partner meetings.
Dell EMC is the undisputed industry leader for unstructured data storage as recognized by Gartner for the last three years. Our proven scale-out storage products, Isilon and ECS, allow customers to store, manage, and extract value from the sea of unstructured data predicted to grow to 40 ZB in 2020, powering new innovations using AI, IoT, and analytics to transform their businesses.
- Your primary responsibility is to lead the future of Isilon's leadership in client interfaces including protocols (e.g. NFS, SMB), access and identity management, and client-side performance.
- Define the product strategy, roadmap, and requirements.
- Work with engineering and cross-functional teams to deliver.
- Identify and drive expansion into new markets or use cases.
- Champion Isilon and OneFS in strategic meetings with internal leadership and customers.
- A bachelors degree, preferably in a technical field of study (e.g. engineering, computer science, math, science).
- At least 8 years experience in product management with a strong understanding of one or more of the following areas: NAS storage, networking, performance.
- Ability to track P&L and build data-driven business cases.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to deliver.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A masters degree, preferably in business administration or technical field of study.
- Good understanding of the entire IT stack from applications to storage and end-to-end solutions.
- Good understanding of markets and customer use cases in industries such as HPC, M&E, Biosciences, Financial Services.
- Ability to travel about 10 - 20% of the time.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can take innovative products and solutions from inception to completion, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.