Principal Software Engineer
Seattle, WashingtonJob ID R92811 Date posted Mar. 06, 2019
Principal Software Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. As a Principal engineer, you will work within a Product Integration Team to drive product features from initial requirements to completion in Isilon’s OneFS product releases. Your knowledge in software development, scale and distributed architecture, quality, testing strategies, and client/server interoperability will help us create industry leading products for the Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) within Dell EMC.
Keywords: Scale-out Storage, SSD, Flash, NAS, Cluster, SMB/NFS, OneFS File System, Quota, Dedupe, Snapshot, Cloud, AWS, Azure, Storage Management, Active Directory, LDAP
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Code in a variety of languages, primarily Python, C, C++,
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
- Work within small groups of engineers to meet fast development schedules
- Design and Execute on the product integration roadmap building frameworks and solutions that interact with the different layers of OneFS integration
- Mentor junior team members
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, and 7+ years industry experience with network protocols, UNIX/Linux systems software development, or related field.
- Exceptional programming skills
- Ability to participate in code reviews across both feature and test code.
- Experience with distributed systems
- Exceptional understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Expert software architecture, design, implementation, test, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team and lead projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Works well and can lead geographically dispersed teams
- Extensive understanding of multithreaded, asynchronous, kernel-mode programming concepts
- Hands-on experience developing for FreeBSD or other POSIX/UNIX operating systems
- Experience working on and shipping a storage product is a big PLUS!
- Experience working on Storage products- NAS/Flash Array
- Exceptional Python programming skills
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.