Principal Software Engineer in Test - ECS Team
Hopkinton, MassachusettsJob ID R77867 Date posted Nov. 08, 2018
ECS Principal Software Engineer in Test
Dell EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) is the industry-leading Object Storage , designed for both traditional and next-generation workloads with unmatched scalability, consistency guarantees, flexibility, and resiliency. Scale-out and geo-distributed, ECS object platform offers superior performance for apps that demand massive unstructured data storage capacity and global access, with the storage efficiency that only gets better when more sites are connected, and with all the enterprise-grade features that public cloud doesn’t provide.
The ECS team is looking for talented software engineers with a passion for technology and innovative solutions to difficult engineering problems, who want to challenge and define the state-of-the-art in distributed systems. This position offers work in a dedicated team with a tremendous amount of ability to innovate, influence, and enable how engineering teams at ECS deliver the World’s best scale-out Object Storage system. You will design and build the validation pipeline of the platform’s core that features highly scalable transactional index, active-active geo access via global namespace with strong consistency, fault tolerance around the globe, best-in-class storage efficiency, and more.
We are a globally distributed team with representation in main development sites around the world, providing a fast-paced, diverse environment and great opportunities for world-class talent like you. We expect our engineers to be versatile, passionate, and committed to quality as we design, develop, build, test, and support ECS Object Storage.
Our Seattle office location is close to great food, amazing shops and Seattle’s football and baseball stadiums. We offer amazing perks at work including our own dedicated barista and special attention by the city’s best food trucks.
- Design and implement effective testing strategies for highly complex software components and services that constitute the Object Storage stack.
- Build advanced automated test suites to exercise the Object Storage system.
- Add features improving product testability.
- Work with the development and test engineering teams to improve test coverage upstream and automate testing.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and support escalation engineers.
- Actively mentor and train teammates.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD and testing methodologies suited for distributed systems and large scale software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop expertise in new technologies and deliver results across an integrated set of components, technologies, and teams.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and coordination skills and the ability to resolve ambiguity in a quickly-changing environment.
- Strong software development and coding skills. Java/Python knowledge is a plus.
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Linux.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences: engineers, management, and support
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.