Director/ Sr. Director Worldwide Cloud Strategy & Architecture (Remote)
Seattle, WashingtonJob ID R1906189-11 Date posted May. 15, 2019
Director/ Sr. Director Worldwide Cloud Strategy & Architecture
The Worldwide Cloud Strategy & Architecture team is responsible for helping partners build profitable business based on VMware’s next-generation software-defined, multi-cloud portfolio of products and solutions. The team is expanding its scope to support pre-sales for VMware’s strategic customers. As the Director/ Sr. Director Worldwide Cloud Strategy & Architecture team you will be responsible for accelerating our customers journey to a software software-defined, multi-cloud digital business operating model.
Your primary objective is to increase adoption and consumption of VMware Cloud Services. You will lead pre-sales teams focusing on strategy and business consulting as well as architecture and design. You will guide IP development for various social channels and speak at public and community events. You and your teams will provide C-level executives with guidance for short- and long-term business and technology initiatives from a strategy, architecture and design point of view.
You will guide cross-functional initiatives for high-profile VMware Cloud Services Customers, run executive workshops, architecture and design workshops, proof of concepts, represent VMware at executive forums, and support sales teams with strategy definition, methodologies, frameworks and best practices.
Managing and Advising Customers
- Define, optimize and refine the WW Cloud Strategy & Architecture teams operating model.
- Hire and develop a high-performance WW Cloud Solution Strategy (CSS) team.
- Hire and develop a high-performance WW Cloud Solution Architecture (CSA) team.
- Define team charters, KPIs, frameworks, processes and track progress.
- Drive team execution against business growth targets and KPI’s.
- Build business relationship with customer executives, heads of portfolio, product management, sales, presales and delivery organization.
- Guide and mentor team members in IP development and customer engagements.
- Build and evangelize team reputation within and outside of VMware.
- Support regionalVMware Cloud Services presales teams in all geographies.
- Define, build and scale emerging pre-sales offerings to drive product adoption & consumption.
- Partner & collaborate with VMware Business Units & regional field leadership teams to industrialize and scale new pre-sales offerings.
- Define and execute on strategic solution development & thought leadership initiatives.
- Align customers with VMware’s vision and strategy.
- Create an innovative portfolio of cloud solutions based on VMware’s Cloud Services.
- Develop cost and business plans, calculate TCO and ROI.
- Develop and define implementation roadmaps for customers.
- Triangulate Sales, Presales and Professional Services for strategic accounts.
- Develop and update IP to increase adoption and consumption of VMware Cloud Services.
- Share new market insights through various social channel networks.
- Speak at industry, community and customer events about our strategy and digital transformation opportunities.
- Closely collaborate with marketing, product marketing, technical marketing and product management.
- 15+ years of IT experience with holding various positions as head of cloud, business development manager or head of architecture
- Authority on cloud technology and market
- Deep understanding of Digitalization and Cloud Transformation of Enterprises
- Proven experience in people management
- Expertise in designing, engineering and implementing complex solutions in various leading industries (e.g. Financial, Retail, Automotive)
- Good understanding of application architectures and transformation requirements to benefit hybrid and multi-cloud platforms
- Knowledge of AWS services for IP development, internal enablement and customer advisory
- Ability to build strong working relationships with decision makers including finance, lines of business owners and technical teams
- Thorough knowledge of IT-Architecture from infrastructure and software development perspective
- Proficient understanding of VMware technology, competitive solutions and realizable benefits through adoption of VMware solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing strategies within financial lifecycles including planning budgets, articulating Return-on-Investment (ROI), calculating the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and organizational design
- Flexibility to travel 40% of time, able to perform well in intense conditions
- Technical and business writing skills (white papers, blog posts, etc.)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.