Dell Technologies Cloud Business Development & Strategy
Seattle, WashingtonJob ID R76725 Date posted Jul. 17, 2019
An exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional to join an influential and fast-moving team charged with defining and delivering the future of the Dell Technologies Cloud Portfolio.
As a Strategic Business Development Strategist of the Dell Technologies Cloud Product Management team, you will be charged breaking the existing business model molds to modernize the way that Dell Technologies from Dell EMC to VMware to Pivotal build and deliver modern solutions as end-to-end solutions that are purchased to full as-a-service delivery. Unending intellectual curiosity and customer engagement coupled with strong technical and business acumen are critical skills required for this role.
- Engage with Customers, Partners, Sales and Marketing to define and develop offer structure(s) and frameworks and business agreements required to enable and achieve the business objectives for Dell Technologies Cloud.
- Designs, develops and articulates project's objectives, approach, hypotheses, data requirements and work plan.
- Work closely with senior leadership on a wide range of critical issues.
- Collaborate with product management teams on the definition of new DTC offers inclusive of technology choices and aaS capabilities, e.g., flexible consumption, services, and customer interface/portal.
- Create or partner to create business agreements with key service provider and/or technology partners to add complementary capabilities required to meet customer requirements to deliver Dell Technology Cloud offers.
- Gather customer requirements and explore the competitive landscape to influence the pricing strategies to align with new cloud consumption models with different terms than traditional capital purchase methods.
- Contribute to the development of market, business unit business plans to capitalize on current/future market trends.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with relevant subject matter experts.
- Identify and bring key strategic issues and opportunities forward in a clear and structured way.
- Manage and articulates projects in a manner that team members understand direction, their role and responsibilities.
- Challenge the status quo and enable the team to break patterns of thinking and behavior.
- Collaborate closely with go to market team extended team members to define and develop sales and partner sales strategies needed to meet OTC goals and objectives.
- Drive business and capability requirements into and through the Cloud Transformation workstreams as needed.
- Evangelize the Dell Technology Portfolio and Strategy with customers, partners and press and analysts
The ideal candidate has experience with cloud operating models, related customer needs and the evolving competitive landscape. Strong Business & Technical Acumen, excellent communication skills, a drive for continuous improvement and the ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change are all desired trait s. In addition, the ideal candidate must be passionate about customers and technology and possess the capability to link complex technology to customer needs with clear and concise value propositions for innovative cloud offers.
- Proven experience driving implementation of complex offerings at Cloud/as-a-Service businesses globally
- 10+ years of experience in the IT product marketplace including:
- Cloud technologist or Cloud strategist
- Complex products and solutions sales
- Ownership of negotiated technology agreements
- Customer Success Team Leadership
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering field of study.
- Deep Technology knowledge
- Experience developing offer level market research.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- A willingness to embrace ambiguity and thrive.