Field Service Engineer
Scottsdale, ArizonaJob ID R027972 Date posted Aug. 01, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From hardware and software to networking products and operating systems, Dell delivers technology that drives human progress. Field Support is where it all comes together. Taking our technical skills to customer sites, we’re responsible for everything from installation, configuration and integration, through to maintenance, troubleshooting and repair. As well as specializing in Dell products, we’re ready to get to grips with systems solutions that integrate our tech with that of other manufacturers. Customers see us as a trusted liaison who can understand their precise needs on a host of admin and technical matters. We also work closely with our designers, solution managers and sales specialists to solve solution problems.
We are looking for an Associate Field Service Technicianto join our team in the Phoenix and play a key role in the evolution of Dell Technologies.
Perform preventive and remedial maintenance of Dell Technologies maintained products at customer locations in different operating environments. Must be able to work with limited supervision as directed by management and adhere to administrative policies and escalation procedures.
Dell Technology customers rely on our products and services to drive progress. So we take the service we provide extremely seriously. We are looking for a team member that can assure complete customer satisfaction by adherence to the following:
- Prompt onsite arrival time, Technical expertise, Professionalism. Must communicate with customer before, during, and at the completion of the activity. Includes the timely and accurate submission of all associated documentation as well as parts returns and ticket closure within 24 hours of an event. Submit accurate and timely expense reports
- Adheres to product specific guidelines, procedures, and best practices. Perform pro-active and reactive maintenance and hardware FCOs according to established procedures.
- Adheres to proper escalation procedures and maintenance checklist procedures
- Maintains all assigned spare parts, tools and test equipment. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or senior employee. Attends training classes as required to develop and maintain a working knowledge of Dell Technologies equipment
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable automobile
Must carry a communication device and be able to work standby on scheduled rotation
- May be required to work overtime
- Live in the general Phoenix area
- May be required to work Alternative Work Schedule
- May be required to move equipment up to 50 lbs
- Customer Service or related experience. Ability to develop action plans for issues of limited complexity
Technical knowledge in the IT industry or related field preferred
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and well being are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
If you’re equally at home with installation and problem solving, and you’d relish the chance to represent us to customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.