Advisor, IT Network Development
Scottsdale, ArizonaJob ID R86157 Date posted Aug. 02, 2019
Advisor, IT Network Development
Location: Remote US Based
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
Virtustream cloud platform Network Development: Cloud operations requires aggressive automation, regardless of the technology consumed. Technical domain areas include compute, network, and storage including virtualizations in each of those areas.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional Infrastructure Network Development experience
- Must be eligible, and have the ability, to obtain Government Clearance
- Solid understanding IaaS offerings (VM rental or Server rental)
- Strong comprehension of Hyper-Converged-Infrastructure (e.g. VMware NSX) with servers contributing compute, network, and storage
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and extracting requirements from existing applications
- Experience with network failover and disaster recover scenarios, capabilities, and features as well as enterprise requirements around these items
- Capable of executing lab work to assess thresholds, determine scaling triggers, and specify metrics for collection / long term retention
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (Advanced Degrees preferred)
- Familiar with Dell Technologies products and solutions as a palette for cloud platform construction
- Have experience in designing, engineering, and operating IaaS platforms
- Familiar with security and operations certifications such as ISO27001, SOC-1, SOC-2, PCI-DSS, HiTrust/HIPPA, FedRamp, and ITAR
- Have extensive experience with VMware virtualization products
- Knowledge of Enterprise Application, Physical to Virtual Migrations will be necessary in addition to the skills in designing physical architecture
- Enterprise Applications, Virtual Desktop, Big Data, and Industry-specific Vertical Applications must be acquired and developed to best position adaptations of these applications or of present infrastructure and service components to facilitate operations in a cloud environment
- Develop detailed testing plans and expectations
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations and Product Management functions to continuously improve delivery
- Produce run books and "as designed" documentation for Operations and Engineering functions
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.