Account Executive , Consulting Sales
Irvine, CaliforniaJob ID R84962 Date posted May. 31, 2019
Dell EMC SENIOR CLIENT SOLUTIONS DIRECTOR
As the global leaders in their respective segments, Dell Technologies family of Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, Dell and VMware form a unique set of strategically aligned businesses, each focused and free to execute individually or together. Dell Technologies provides customer solutions and choice for the software-defined enterprise and the emerging “3rd platform” of mobile, cloud, big data and social, transformed by billions of users and millions of apps.
Dell EMC is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver information technology as a service (ITaaS). Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, Dell EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way.
We work with organizations around the world, in every industry, in the public and private sectors, and of every size, from startups to the Fortune Global 500. Our customers include global money center banks and other leading financial services firms, manufacturers, healthcare and life sciences organizations, Internet service and telecommunications providers, airlines and transportation companies, educational institutions, and public-sector agencies.
Dell EMC Global Services accelerates the Software Defined Enterprise through world-class technical expertise and service capabilities spanning Digital and Application Transformation, Cloud, Big Data, IT Operating Model, Business Resiliency and Information Infrastructure. Our 2,000+ consultants world-wide enable us to implement global strategies locally with the extensive relationships we have with over half of the Global Fortune 500 companies. Our consultants average 17 years of industry-specific experience and apply their deep knowledge and expertise to help our clients transform their businesses and realize high-impact business results.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A quota carrying position, the CSD is responsible for demand creation, pipeline management, accurate forecasting of, and achievement of the bookings plan for Consulting services in assigned accounts. Understand the power of credentials, and is able to leverage appropriate success stories that are relevant to a particular prospect and/or sales situation. Stay abreast of status/details for each campaign and independently provide reliable booking forecasts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- In close synergy with the product sales team, strategically drive new business in selected accounts to manage assigned services sales and margin targets. Position Dell EMC Consulting capabilities to meet customer requirements and become a trusted advisor for services.
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients' business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into Dell EMC Consulting opportunities. Build value-added relationships within the domain of the account and core account team. Develop the trust to independently lead solutions sales campaigns within large accounts. Possess excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills to engage client audiences ranging from technical implementers through CTO/CIO levels.
- Drive business development and pre-sales initiatives by leveraging both industry and technical background. Earn a reputation for growing and closing solutions business to be sought by Dell EMC Sales Management to lead/drive the integration and growth throughout their territory.
- Use knowledge of the customer’s industry sector, technology, processes, and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on value of our business expertise and associated implementation expertise. Demonstrate ability to advance sales campaigns in a needs-based and highly participative fashion including consultative dialog, cross-functional engagement (both within the account and Dell EMC), and facilitated workshops.
- Align with appropriate delivery teams to leverage follow-on business from one delivery mission/project to another. Attend major Project Milestones and Executive Reviews. Ensure effective coordination and support between account teams and supporting technical resources. Demonstrate a broad understanding of systems development lifecycle as it relates to hardware and software products.
- Proven experience driving strategic consulting services into new and existing accounts while consistently achieving or exceeding quarterly and annual goals by generating and maintaining a qualified pipeline. Independently prospect and conduct new meetings on a weekly basis.
- Where appropriate, leverage past experience in consulting delivery to assist in building credibility with clients.
- Valuable asset to the core Dell EMC sales team leveraging technical acumen, relationship development and consultative/solutions selling skills to facilitate a solutions based engagement model.
- Effectively leverage industry and competency resources as well as Dell EMC business units to advance account relationships and sales campaigns.
- Cultivate client relationships at all levels throughout the sales and delivery process for mutual long term success.
- Strong messaging skills combined with Executive presence to deliver Dell EMC Consulting value proposition in C Suite across IT and Business Unit functions.
- Possess and demonstrate in-depth industry knowledge to uncover needs and create value based solutions for the clients; proactively maintain expertise of the IT industry and competitive landscape and successfully articulate Dell EMC’s competitive differentiators which will drive value for the client.
- Excellent information gathering skills to communicate client business needs to delivery team for further evaluation. Ability to develop business solutions for clients and communicating them through design documents, written proposals and presentations.
- Possesses the ability to challenge the customer’s status quo; with the confidence and relevant business acumen, industry/technical knowledge and consultative skills to take a position and lead the directional discussions with the customer.
- Bachelors (Non -Technical)
- 7 -10+ Years outside consultative/solutions experience, large enterprise customers,
- $1M+ typical transaction value, selling project based consulting services, proven track record of success with commensurate income levels
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.