Account Executive - Enterprise Storage Sales
Scottsdale, ArizonaJob ID R02023558 Date posted Jul. 15, 2019
Enterprise Account Executive - Storage Sales
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From developing brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action every day. Whether focusing on a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
The Account Executive is responsible for building strong customer relationships in the field and ensuring a great customer experience with existing and potential customers. You will:
- Develop an understanding of customers’ business and solution requirements
- Gain share of wallet/spend across Dell’s portfolio of Infrastructure technology solutions; Storage, Backup, Converged and server solutions, including software, Services and managed services offerings
- Manage territory/accounts, including account planning and sales forecasting and engaging cross-functional resources and working with the virtual teams to ensure alignment across the organizations
- Customarily and regularly engage with decision makers at client facilities in performing primary duties
- Provide sales leadership and experience on large, complex sales opportunities
- As the primary steward of the Dell Technologies advantage with large enterprise client, this person will drive business across all sales motions including creating/executing on sales strategy and owning key customer relationships. Principal duties include:
- Owns full account view of the sales forecast (and formally tracks/manages via SFDC best practices)
- Directly leads and closes large, complex deals such as enterprise licensing agreements and transformational sales campaigns
- Directs all activities of the extended account team for sales, presales, services, and support
- Ensures professional sales coordination and account planning, and resolves all possible ownership issues
- Participates in contract and pricing negotiations, orchestrating resources as needed from finance, legal, sales ops, and executive leadership
- Provides oversight and appropriate level of intervention with sales or service delivery to promote customer satisfaction and positive business outcomes
- Manages the production of high quality proposals and account plans
- Five + Years of extensive experience selling technology solutions where you were recognized as a top performer
- World-class customer management and strategic selling skills to enhance the success of our customers’ business and the growth of Dell
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems
- Strong communication, collaboration, negotiation and executive presentation skills and able to provide insight and thought leadership to senior/CIO/CXO leadership and next 2 levels down
- Highly developed planning and organization skills and ability to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Deep expertise of market trends that impact on Dell’s customers
- Bachelor’s Degree (BSc/BA) or equivalent experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you relish the prospect of championing innovative products direct to significant customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.Apply now!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.