Technical Product Architect
Santa Clara, CaliforniaJob ID R95618 Date posted Feb. 20, 2019
Virtustream Technical Product Architect
*Remote / Virtual Opportunity
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
The Technical Product Architect will be responsible for ensuring the quality, cost, and fit for purpose of infrastructure and software for critical workloads. Cloud operations requires aggressive automation, regardless of the technology consumed. This architect role includes not only design of technical component assembly, but also roadmaps and paths to automation. You will also design integrations between these technologies and open source or commodity technologies. Experience in Software Development and Architecture in the space of Cloud Management as well as Multi-Cloud Service Delivery are necessary for this role.
In this role, you are ultimately responsible for seeing your designs come to fruition, and as such, will need to demonstrate leadership including listening to those closest to the technologies, addressing conflict in technical discussions, and assessing risks and rewards of approaches, and breaking technical deadlock with confident decisions. You will leverage your expert research capabilities, your ability to learn fast and your ability to communicate clearly in order to work effectively with diverse and dispersed virtual teams and Technical leadership.
Must Have Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 8+ years of Architecture experience (preferably in Cloud Infrastructure environments)
- Experience in designing and delivering services and products relating to Hyper-Scalers like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Multi-cloud Managed Services experience
- Knowledge of Enterprise Application, Virtual Desktop, and Physical to Virtual Migrations will be necessary in addition to the skills in designing physical architecture
- Solid understanding of IaaS offerings (VM rental or Server rental)
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and extracting requirements from existing applications
- Knowledge of Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, OpenShift and other container and micro-service driven architectures
- Produced run books and "as designed" documentation for Operations and Engineering functions
The Strongest Candidates Will:
- Have knowledge of Enterprise Applications, Virtual Desktop, Big Data, and Industry-specific Vertical Applications must be acquired and developed to best position adaptations of these applications or of present infrastructure and service components to facilitate operations in a cloud environment
- Be familiar with Dell Technologies products and solutions as a palette for cloud platform construction
- Have experience in designing, engineering, and operating IaaS platforms
- Extensive experience with VMware, as well as, additional cloud virtualization products
- Be able to design options for hybrid cloud workloads, integrate virtualized storage, consider replication requirements (RPO, RTO), and develop requirements to host enterprise applications and databases
- Develop detailed testing plans and expectations
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations and Product Management functions to continuously improve delivery
- Be capable of executing lab work to assess thresholds, determine scaling triggers, and specify metrics for collection / long term retention
- Bring excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and the ability to prioritize conflicting demands for time
- Collaborate with colleagues in GitHub-based source control systems
- Be familiar with disaster recover scenarios, capabilities, and features as well as enterprise requirements around these items
- Be familiar with security and operations certifications such as ISO27001, SOC-1, SOC-2, PCI-DSS, HI Trust/HIPAA, Fed Ramp, and ITAR
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.