Software Senior Principal Engineer - Networking Solutions - Santa Clara, CA, USA
Santa Clara, CaliforniaJob ID R044744 Date posted Nov. 16, 2019
Software Senior Principal Engineer - Networking Solutions
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Principal Engineer on our Networking Solutions team in Santa Clara, CA, USA.
When it comes to network switching products and network management systems, Dell is at the cutting edge. Our Network Development Engineering team is responsible for their design, development and testing. We put into place robust project plans for all projects, resolve business issues, coordinate teams and manage budgets – all to meet current and future business requirements. Focused on the needs of our customers within the changing world of technology, we ensure all software and hardware products are interoperable and compatible with network standards.
- Responsible for the design and development activities associated with network switching products and network management systems.
- Responsible for creating product development, test plans and validating software releases.
- Collaborate with sales teams and critical customers to design and execute test plans specific to customer requirements/network architecture.
- Responsible for resolving critical customer issues escalated by customers and internal departments (Support, Sales, Marketing, etc.) and providing feedback to appropriate stakeholders.
- Review product defect escalations to identify macro trends and provide quality feedback to wider product development teams.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base that will be used by other team members and customer support teams to troubleshoot field issues.
- Responsible for collaborating with other functional groups to evaluate customer needs and propose solutions.
- BS + 12 years or MS + 14 years of experience.
- Experience working in a Networking and Distributed Systems environment.
- Experience in contributing to or maintaining of well-known open source projects and communities.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Linux Networking stack.
- Strong experience in C/C++ and Python.
- Switching and routing protocols (Layer 2, Layer 3, ACL, multicast), transport protocols (TCP/UDP), VxLAN.
- Deep understanding of Overlay and Underlay technologies.
- Working knowledge and experience with Docker.
- Deep understanding of one or more Open Switch APIs such as SAI, P4 runtime, OpenFlow etc.
- Hands on and working knowledge of Virtualization environments Hyper-V, Virtual box etc.
- Experience in tools such as Git, Jenkins, Ansible.
- Expertise debugging user level, multi-threaded systems.
- UNIX Systems programming, data structures, OS internals – memory management, multi-threading, IPC, synchronization, etc.
- Experience in message driven architecture like RabbitMQ, Thrift etc
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you're keen to deliver a leading-edge network switching products and network management systems, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.