Senior Product Manager/Product Owner-Kubernetes Data Protection Santa Clara
Santa Clara, CaliforniaJob ID R033800 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
Senior Product Manager/Product Owner-Kubernetes Data Protection
Internal Dell Title: Consultant Product Manager
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a senior Product Manager on our team in Santa Clara.
Showcasing excellence and innovation at every stage, Product Management is responsible for the cross-functional management of products or solutions through their entire lifecycle. Using a wealth of technical and industry experience, we work across functional areas to implement our products or solutions. We undertake thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize profitability and adjust our product strategies to respond to competition. Our role also involves acting as subject matter experts for internal and external product events or partner meetings.
As a senior Product Manager, you will lead critical activities in the exciting area of Data Protection for Kubernetes, in Dell EMC’s Data Protection Division. You will work closely with Engineering and other product groups to define requirements in an agile and fast pacing environment. You will also participate in analyzing the market and interact with customers and partners worldwide. You will work with multiple product and engineering teams globally across Dell Technologies. In addition, you will be called to assist in go to market activities, business planning and executive engagements.
This is a high-profile senior role that will require technical depth, a disciplined work approach, creative problem-solving, excellent communication and presentation skills, plus the ability to interface effectively with diverse and demanding audiences (e.g. Engineering, customers, executives, global sales organizations, other product groups, partners, etc.). Technical background in modern IT (e.g. containers and Kubernetes, cloud-native applications, modern IT architectures), as well as familiarity with Enterprise IT market and products are key for this role.
- Be the Product Owner for the Scrum teams working on Kubernetes Data Protection; define, prioritize and groom our backlog, interact and be the focal point for Engineering.
- Interface with customers, partners and related functions in the organization, to collect market requirements.
- Interfacing with other business units, cross functional teams and executive management.
- Drive integration activities and solutions with external partners.
- Support marketing and sales activities.
- Interface with all levels of organization, including external customers, executive global management, sales & external partners, at both a business and technology level.
- Additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Deep technical background in modern IT (e.g. containers and Kubernetes, cloud-native applications, modern IT architectures) with a passion for technology.
- Excellent communications skills, assertive personality and ability to motivate people, negotiate, drive decisions and achieve results in a matrix organization. Ability to clearly articulate and prioritize market requirements and user stories.
- “Can do” personality – takes initiatives and looking for ways to solve problems and overcome obstacles. Team player, but with the ability to work independently with partners and customers.
- Willing to travel (domestic and international) - up to 15% of time.
- BS with 12+ years of related experience or equivalent experience ; must include a minimum of five years in a product owner role
- Background in data protection (backup, replication) technologies.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can take innovative products and solutions from inception to completion, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.