Senior Presales System Engineer
Santa Clara, CaliforniaJob ID R84493 Date posted Jul. 10, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Account Systems Engineer on our Presales Commercial team in the San Francisco/Bay Area.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Presales Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, inter-operable solutions they need.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
This person will be responsible for driving the technical sales strategy for DELL EMC products and services in assigned customer accounts. As a member of a field account team, the candidate must demonstrate leadership abilities across a diverse set of matrix sales teams to accelerate the adoption of DELL EMC DataCenter products and services.
- Works with Sales Team to develop & implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product & service & sales plans
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address & dispel customer objections to DELL solutions, & train the account team
- Anticipates technology and/or market trends & provides guidance on their application to external customers & feedback of business requirements back into DELL's engineering & marketing organizations
- Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners & customers in support of sales team objectives & engages & leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets & personnel as appropriate.
- Configures & documents DELL software, hardware & service solutions to meet customer & sales objectives.
- Completes required PreSales documentation quickly & accurately
- Presents the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management at a senior level.
- 6+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the IT Organization
- Moderate knowledge around Data Center, Networking, Virtualization. Convergence, etc.
- Detailed data center product knowledge (Storage, Servers, Networking).
- Customer focused.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management.
- Business English language proficiency
- Hands-on or Deep technical knowledge/understanding of a datacenter environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.