Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Data Domain /Manageability)
Santa Clara, CaliforniaJob ID R88810 Date posted Jun. 06, 2019
Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Data Domain/Manageability)
Data Protection Appliances Engineering Division (DPD)
Santa Clara, CA
We are seeking a strong technical leader and motivator who owns and drives technical projects and provides leadership for groups of engineers in an innovative, productive and collaborative Agile environment. This role is responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
Data Protection Appliance Manageability team is responsible for developing highly scalable management infrastructure that can be deployed in private and various public clouds. We are seeking an experienced engineering manager with broader experience in delivering products for enterprise and cloud environments.
- Work closely with the engineering, product management and business development leaders/teams to define product roadmap and drive engineering team to deliver management infrastructure features
- Manage complex technical projects and teams that are delivering manageability backend subsystems that implement security features of the product
- Keep all stakeholders informed using established agile process.
- Lead and mentor a focused team of engineers who will develop product and infrastructure
- Strong leader capable of motivating the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
- B.S / M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Proven track record leading in building successful software teams
- 10+ years of industry experience developing enterprise SW products with 6+ years in a management role
- Ability to challenge status quo and push the team for better solutions
- Live the Agile principles and create a high performing team through them
- Highly execution focused to deliver faster releases with high quality
- Ability to hire, mentor, and grow passionate individuals who work together well.
- Strong leader capable of motivating the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt to fast paced business environment.
- Experience managing development teams of 6-10 engineers
- Experience in delivering Web Scale backend products that can be deployed in Enterprise and/or Cloud.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision
- High energy, passionate, committed and engaged
Additional Desired Qualifications and Skills:
-Highly desired experience in infrastructure and/or software products that span areas such as operations, management, administration, and security
-Experience with large scale distributed systems
-Experience in Datacenter management space
-Experience with web servers and REST APIs a plus
-Experience with Agile methodologies and running Scrum teams
-Desired experience in one or more areas: Authentication, Authorization, RBAC, Auditing, Multi-Tenancy, Certificate Management, etc.
-Knowledgeable and have used a broad mix of technologies such as Containers, Virtualization, Kubernetes, Kafka, AWS, Azure, and NoSQL Databases
-Experienced in delivering products using latest web frameworks in Java, GoLang, Scala, etc..
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.