Advisory Systems Engineer
Santa Clara, CaliforniaJob ID R35834 Date posted Jun. 26, 2019
Advisory Systems Engineer
Santa Clara, CA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Advisory Systems Engineer on our Systems Engineering team in San Francisco, CA.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
- At this level, supports highly complex and high value accounts excercising wide latitude to determine objectives and approaches
- Gains access and manages relationships with senior level executives and IT decision makers
- Devises new approaches/methods to selling enterprise/client products and services
- Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment that addresses critical issues
- Identifies and allocates roles and responsibilities required to support account team Assists with the preparation of presentations to customers, prospects and management
- May seek counsel from other sales engineers, leaders, or cross-functional technical groups to ensure consistent approach/application
- Qualifies basic sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- May present the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management
- Understands and articulates third-party and/or Channel’s role to create and position Dell solution Seeks counsel from other sales engineers, leaders, or cross-functional technical groups to ensure consistent approach/application
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Presents the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management
- Assists in formulating the customer’s long- term strategic vision and our role as a strategic partner Influences the future development of enterprise/client technology, products, and services
- Expected to be part of the overall product development cycle Works with strategic planning teams to define future directions and strategies for products and Services
- Typically requires 15+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12+ years with a Master’s degree
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.