Strategy & Communications Manager, Customer Advocacy
San Francisco, CaliforniaJob ID R1905136-3 Date posted May. 03, 2019
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are crafting extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
Role and Responsibilities:
Are you passionate about customers? We are too! At VMware, we listen to our customers differently – we take action. Customer Advocacy’s mission is to ignite systemic business improvements across VMware that improve the customer, partner, and employee experience. We are looking for a like-minded individual to join the Customer Advocacy organization in a key role reporting to our Director of Strategy.
The Strategy & Communications Manager is responsible for articulating, operationalizing, and evangelizing VMware’s customer obsession agenda. We are seeking an outstanding written and verbal communicator to develop and execute a coordinated communications & thought leadership strategy. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to connect the dots across disparate programs and initiatives to develop compelling stories that resonate with their intended audience.
The Strategy & Communications Manager will deliver a variety of relevant and impactful communications to activate both internal and external audiences, including the following...
- Customer obsession talk tracks for executives
- Blog posts and long form thought leadership
- Customer obsession achievements and vignettes
- Scripts and briefings for media interviews and video shoots
- Industry award submissions
- Internal newsletter content
- Top tier verbal, written, and storytelling skills
- 4 – 6 years of narrative development experience at an agency, in-house, or both
- Aptitude to quickly grasp communication objectives and subsequently develop accurate, concise, and persuasive assets to meet those objectives
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to influence without authority
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to successful completion and results
- Ability to adapt communications by audience, catering to specific functions, levels, and priorities
- Passion for Customer Advocacy’s mission and for advancing customer obsession inside and outside of VMware
- Voice of Customer or Customer Experience industry background strongly preferred
- Technology industry experience and understanding of enterprise software market dynamics strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, journalism, or communications
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.