Senior Sales Engineer - Specialist, Cloud Management
San Francisco, CaliforniaJob ID R1906162 Date posted May. 06, 2019
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
The world of IT is in the midst of a great upheaval. While some are confused or struggling in the Cloud First world, VMware is surging on record growth across its security, cloud and mobility solutions. We anticipate this growth to continue in 2019, so VMware is hiring!
This is a great opportunity to join our vibrant company and become a member of the Pre-Sales Engineering (SE) team. This position is focused on VMware’s vRealize products www.vmware.com/products/vrealize-suite.htmland will also cover our new SaaS based solutions like Wavefront https://www.wavefront.com/
This role is right for you if you are an enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality. You will also need strong customer facing and relationship building skills, along with question based selling skills within the field of technology to succeed in this role. Please read on and apply.
Please note: This is a remote position based in San Francisco Bay area, and will require travel.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this Senior Solution Engineering Specialist (SE) role, cloud management represents two domains of equal importance – automation and analytics.
We strive to help our customers deliver the self-service portals that will delight their end users. We educate them on the path to automating everything in the data center. It’s not just VMs and Containers we are delivering but also the security and networks to go with them via the software defined NSX stack behind us www.vmware.com/products/nsx.html.
You will learn new things on this team!
You will be based in home office San Francisco Bay area and travel at least 30% of the time. The majority of time, you will be in front of customers, educating them on the power of our solutions. When not with customers, you will be supporting the extended team and staying in touch with the business units. As a member of the SE team will also be responsible for educating other people at VMware, as well as our partners and customers.
Required Skills and experience:
- Evangelize VMware’s strategy driving product demonstrations to customer executives and technical leaders within the healthcare vertical
- Provide expert technical support for opportunities involving VMware management and integration into existing management and monitoring systems.
- Lead Proof of Concept exercises for vRealize products in customer labs to validate solutions
- Maintain deep technical knowledge of Cloud solutions, industry directions and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of peer and competitor products
- Provide consultative support to the Field and Partner Training organization for development of deep technical GTM training material and positioning
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware products
- Maintain, grow and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key VMware Partner Field Organizations
- Lead the technical pre-sales community discussions and facilitate knowledge dissemination to the VMware and Partner Subject Matter Experts with regards to VMware products in conjunction with Cloud solutions and architectures
- Document best practices & architectural references in developing and deploying VMware Cloud solutions
- 6+ years of experience in technology related areas including: enterprise systems management and infrastructure (Datacenter) architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical business infrastructure.
- Strong technical proficiency with both mainstream and emerging automation and configuration management solutions. Some examples include - vRealize Automation and Operations, Turbonomics, vCenter Orchestrator, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Openstack, Salt, Docker, Github, Kubernetes etc. You don’t need to know them all but a few is beneficial.
- Ability to distill complex solutions into simpler, visual chunks regular people can understand
- Ability and experience to present sales and technical material to both small and large groups.
- Ability to view change as an opportunity to thrive
- Experience with IT automation and orchestration tools.
- Experience supporting large customers and/or teams practicing agile and continuous delivery is preferred.
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
- Travel up to 30% of the time.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- Our team looks for individuals who embody our EPIC2 values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community. Read more about these values on our website. https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware
- The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable
VMware is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers a positive and productive work place (We have been on list of 100 best places to work for in the country for several years), a comprehensive benefit package and competitive compensation.
This position is eligible for the GrowSDDCsales referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.