Senior Principal Engineer, Product Technologist
Remote - New York, United States (All Other), Remote - Georgia, United States;Remote - Illinois, United States;Remote - Massachusetts, United States;Remote - Pennsylvania, United States;Remote - Washington, United States;San Francisco, California, United StatesJob ID R042987 Date posted Oct. 29, 2019
Unified Workspace - Senior Principal Engineer, Product Technologist
Major Metro Areas - including: NYC, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, Denver, LA, San Francisco, Seattle
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Product Technologist in our Client Solutions Team based in a major metro area, including: New York City, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, Denver, LA, San Francisco, Seattle
Our Product Technologists play an essential role in creating technologies that drive human progress. Using our in-depth product knowledge, we provide pre-sales technical expertise for the development and implementation of complex products, applications and solutions. We’re relied upon to deliver sales presentations and product demonstrations to sales staff and customers and provide technical input into bid proposals. We also assess the potential of products to meet customer needs.
Client Solutions Modernization (CSM) Specialist is a technical / sales advocate promoting Dell’s Unified Workspace offerings. This role works with account teams to evangelize the transformational Unified Workspace (UW) vision for customers, define UW account-level sales strategy, compile / develop customer-tailored UW Solutions, and drive the UW sales motion across different specialist teams. A role requiring superior selling paired with an aptitude to speak knowledgeably in topics of security, manageability, supportability, and AI — this role requires someone who can be instantly compelling while capably diving technically deep with customers on any UW topic.
- Provide Account Executives and Inside Sales Representatives with technical expertise, resources and guidance around the market positioning of UW offers - Consult with sales teams to solution and position strategic opportunities
- Articulate the UW Vision for both sales and customers in a compelling manner that clearly conveys the value created by the offer and its various components
- Defines the overall UW solution for the customer and makes presentations on all aspects of UW offer components
- Drives UW pursuits with coordination of Dell Services, Dell Security, VMWare, and Secureworks specialist teams
- Gains access to and manages relationships with senior level executives and IT decision makers.
- Synthesizes market, industry and competitor insights to better position UW
- Relays customer feedback to PG to assist with future UW offer improvements
- Provides customer/industry/market insight to internal leaders and cross-functional groups
- Extensive experience or MBA with some years of relevant IT solution sales experience as an accomplished outside seller and /or senior-level sales engineer
- Exceptionally strong executive presence
- Compelling speaker who can get others to buy into new ideas and make those ideas real and plausible. Confidently lead executive-level discussions; addressing executive comments while deftly returning to key points
- Superior written and presentation skills — comfortable tailoring content and presenting to large groups, executive and working-level audiences
- Strong leadership and coordination skills — able to drive action from matrixed sales teams
- Able & willing to travel up to 75% of the time in support of Dell customers
- Deep understand the evolving ‘modern’ client solution landscape, and how competitors are engaging in it
- Strong analytics/insights capabilities
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.