Senior Account Executive - VeloCloud SD-WAN AT&T
San Francisco, CaliforniaJob ID R1905077-2 Date posted May. 07, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VeloCloud Networks by VMware VeloCloud is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud‐Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. More information is available at http://www.velocloud.com
VMware acquired VeloCloud, the market leader in cloud-delivered SD-WAN. By acquiring VeloCloud, VMware will build on the success of the industry’s leading network virtualization platform – VMware NSX – and expand the company’s networking portfolio to address end-to-end automation, application continuity, branch transformation and security from the data center to cloud edge.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud.
Job Role and Responsibility:
We are looking for a proven and experienced, but dynamic and creative, Senior Account Executive for VeloCloud, now part of VMware, on the SD-WAN AT&T team. The Account Executive is responsible for selling the VeloCloud SD-WAN solution, leveraging an extended team that includes VMware’s sales force, systems engineers, product management, executive staff and more. This includes prospecting, developing, forecasting and closing opportunities directly to service providers and also through service providers.
- You are responsible for supporting the SD-WAN product portfolio across your assigned territory into AT&T accounts
- You will participate in the development, presentation and sales of the SD-WAN value proposition to ensure complete coverage of the solution portfolio
- You will drive the account sales strategy for the SD-WAN portfolio and establish a weekly/bi-weekly cadence with AT&T.
- You are responsible for moving transactions through the entire sales cycle, from early prospecting to forecasting, contract negotiation and opportunity closure
- Provide ongoing operational support. sales enablement and strategy with service provider partners to ensure their success
- You will take the lead on requests for proposals as well as requests for information for new service provider partners
- You will match the SD-WAN solution to the customer’s mission needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- You will work closely with Systems Engineers, Solution Architects, Product Management, Marketing, Program Management, Engineering, Development teams and Technical Support to successfully move each service provider opportunity through the evaluation process as well as for proof of concepts for their customers
- You will also work closely with cross functional teams such as Order Management, Finance, Sales Operations, Inside Sales and key Executives
- 8+ years of experience in related networking industry, specifically working with Telco and Service Providers.
- Experience working with AT&T a plus
- Highly organized, project oriented and strategic account management expertise
- Experience selling in a direct and indirect channel driven model
- You have experience leading sales campaigns that include cross-functional teams
- You have the ability to operate in large, complex, matrixed organizations, prioritizing all tasks from management as well as key sales drivers
- Experience in solution selling such as Virtualization, Application Performance Management, SD-WAN and Software as a Service is a plus
- Industry expertise in networking, especially selling within or to service providers
- Consistent track record of successful selling in a highly competitive environment
- Proven experience to penetrate new accounts and establish relationships at all levels
- Able to manage a high-volume, transactional business with many deals being developed and closed simultaneously
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, honesty and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
- Do you excel in strategic and value selling? Including managing six and seven figure transactions?
- Have you had success winning net new accounts as well as selling into white space within an existing install base?
- Travel: 30-50%
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role