Learning & Development Program Manager
San Francisco, CaliforniaJob ID 1493253 Date posted Jan. 03, 2019
San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Pivotal’s Story - VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 3000 employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
You have a passion for learning & development, thinking differently, project management, collaborating with teams globally, and helping to influence and impact employee assimilation, productivity, and development. You’re able to juggle many competing priorities, enjoy a fast-paced environment, can be creative but also get into the weeds and execute daily. You’re agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we're doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, you judge your success by the success of the team and the growth & happiness of our employees.
Our people are our strategic advantage here at Pivotal. Our People Team (Human Resources) around the world partner with the business to drive employee engagement, team effectiveness, development, and retention. Working in Learning and Development at Pivotal means being part of a team that helps drive our business forward each and every day in truly special and impactful ways. You have the opportunity to work directly with the business so you’ll gain knowledge of all products and services Pivotal offers.
Learning has always been core to our culture and important to thriving within our agile practices. Our employees and managers (Pivots) are passionate about learning and being part of a learning environment. Our Learning and Development team’s mission is to help each Pivot reach their potential...while ensuring Pivotal also reaches its potential. This role will help design and implement holistic Learning and Development programs with a core focus on driving Team Effectiveness. Responsibilities will include building learning paths to drive effective collaboration and feedback loops within teams, facilitation services, and supporting the professional development benefit. It will include conducting needs assessments across functions and designing learning experiences. We practice Agile approaches within the People team, and will look to you to design programs via continuous iteration and feedback between you and end users (Pivots!) As such, this role will work closely with the business as a valued Talent Development partner. Additionally, we also believe integrating inclusive practices into our learning paths is integral to the success of Pivotal, so this role will also work closely with our Diversity and Inclusion team.
Required Skills / Experiences
- 4-6 years of Learning and Development experience within an environment that is willing to innovate and think differently about Corporate Learning
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent project management skills (planning, listening, following up, problem solving, influencing others)
- Willing to give and receive feedback in a kind and empathetic manner
- Strong ability to efficiently manage your time to many competing, yet equally compelling priorities
- Willing to take initiative, be a self-starter and thrive in taking a hands-on approach to challenging and sometimes ambiguous work.
- Flexibility - comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment demonstrated through working on multiple projects at the same time within tight timelines
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Creative and able to develop from a blank canvas
- Willingness and ability to understand Pivotal's mission and tie it to training materials
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
- Global program design, development and rollout
- Experience partnering with the business and working with an agile environment
- Experience with adult learning theory or effective teaming focus - a plus.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.