Technical Account Management Senior Advisor - San Antonio or Dallas, TX
San Antonio, Texas, Dallas, Texas, United StatesJob ID R039287 Date posted Oct. 09, 2019
Technical Account Management Senior Advisor
San Antonio or Dallas, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Account Services Management Senior Advisor in San Antonio or Dallas, Texas.
Clients around the globe put Dell technology at the heart of their IT departments. Our Technical Account Managers (TAMs) address their two biggest challenges: meeting the needs of service users and keeping the information infrastructure available at all times. Much more than the customer’s go-to person when there’s an issue, TAMs take a proactive approach to driving technical activities. They specialize in helping customers focus on environmental stability and avoid problems before they occur. TAMs work closely with a range of colleagues to identify sales opportunities, drive best support practices, deliver consistent service levels and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
As a Technical Account Manager, you are a key member of the Dell EMC Customer Service Team who supports our largest and most strategically important customers.
As a Technical Account Manager, you are responsible for building relationships within account(s) to become a support services trusted advisor; focused on the total customer experience and satisfaction. You leverage various Dell EMC resources to drive proactive activities; promoting system health and customer satisfaction. You also provide detailed customer reporting using a cross section of services tools and applications. You are also expected to collaborate with Dell EMC account teams to understand the business strategy and supports sales opportunities.
- Works with the customer to proactively identify and resolve potential issues to achieve high system availability
- Leads customer meetings on a weekly basis; with customer travel on a quarterly basis
- Functions as the single point-of-contact for service activities, educates the customer on Dell EMC service delivery, tools and interfaces.
- Communicates relevant recommendations to both internal & external customers to ensure a level of compliance and performance
- Collaborates with Dell EMC resources and customer during escalations
- Leverages data analysis to provide customer environment insight and uses data to build a compelling account plan and strategy
- Leads meetings with key customer technical resources and leadership; articulating a forward thinking account plan
- Builds and fosters a broad network across the customer and across Dell EMC
- Assists with and participates in project work
- Assists in ensuring accuracy of service maintenance contracts billing
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Deep technical working knowledge of VMAX & PowerMax in a troubleshooting and/or architecting role
- Builds key relationships and effective networks
- Ability to influence cross functionally and in a matrix environment
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Complex problem solving
- Dell Technologies Proven Professional Certification
- ITIL Foundation (desired)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play a key role at the heart of outstanding account services, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.