Round Rock, TexasJob ID R035136 Date posted Sep. 14, 2019
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a UX/Product Designer on our Dell Digital Design team in Round Rock, TX. Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
The UX/Product Designer is a professional that has exceptional talent within the User Centered Design process(UCD). They have proven successes owning and applying UCD methods that deliver solutions that continuously improve the value of the product. The solutions resolve pain points, issues and inefficiencies, while also creating additional improvements and opportunities. Optimal solutions are successful specifically due to the deep understanding of both users and business, utilizing both direct human input as well as data from not just the company, but it’s industry and even potentially non-related industries as well. UX/Product Designers own, and are responsible for researching, framing, envisioning strategically aligned user experiences and delivering user interface solutions. They successfully partner with customers and business to deliver viable, desirable and feasible solutions, and then improve upon it. They leverage highly effective communication skills to facilitate design methods that help their team align goals and drive to decisions. UX/Product Designers are continuously learning and sharing their knowledge with the Dell community in many ways including teaching, reviewing, guidance and support.
- Take a user-centered approach to design process and methods and lead the design process from problem discovery, framing, ideation, iterative development, delivery, and maintenance
- Guide and validate design decisions with user research methods and existing data
- Learn and balance user and business goals to achieve desirable, viable, and feasible solutions
- Responsible for user research, interaction design, visual design, and content artifacts that communicate design decisions for the user experience and user interface
- Partner and collaborate effectively with researchers, engineers, designers, product owners, and business stakeholders on all initiatives
- Evolving and evangelizing our Design System
- Determine and craft standard design artifacts (user flows, wireframes, comps, prototypes) that efficiently and effectively communicate intent of design decisions and can support other designers.
- Seeks out design critique and attends scheduled sessions to provide feedback to other designers.
- Owns validated user needs and motivations as requirements for delivering project or product value.
- 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree
- Experience with User Interview Scripts,Prioritization Techniques, Empathy Maps, User Journey, Lean Experiments, Interaction States, Interaction Models, Information Architecture, Paired Programming or HTML Prototyping, Content Models
- Experience with Hypothesis Writing, High Fidelity Prototyping, Visual Brand Identity, Visual Style Guide, Micro-interactions, Component Libraries, Front-End Development Feasibility, Front-End Development Fundamentals (CSS, HTML, JS), Writing (Grammar, Spelling, Punctuation), Writing Style Guide, Writing Brand Identity
- Experience with Utilizing Existing Data, Problem & Need Statements, User Flows, Low Fidelity Prototyping, Visual Design (Visual Hierarchy, Color, Typography, Iconography)
- Portfolio required
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.