Support Services Global Program Management Consultant
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R041883 Date posted Oct. 22, 2019
Support Services Global Program Management Consultant
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Program Management Consultant for our Accidental Damage Services Product on our Support Services Client Product Group team in Round Rock, TX.
Dell Technologies Services is a mature, profitable, multi-billion dollar business that is a key area of strategic growth for the company. To support the strong business growth, we are expanding our team and the Program Management Consultant will be a key contributor to delivering our revenue and margin goals. The Product Management team is responsible for creating and delivering industry-leading support and deployment service products sold globally through a variety of routes to market and channels. The Program Manager is responsible for leading a cross-functional offer development team to deliver global offers for the Services business. This program manager will also be responsible for sustaining and managing existing global service offerings to maximize performance and ensure operational execution from creation, launch to end-of-life.
- Program manages the Accidental Damage Service offers and capabilities globally for the Support & Deployment Services Client PG organization.
- Drives new product launches and schedules through a multi-phased Offer Lifecycle Process starting from the business concept stage of the development through to a successful worldwide launch.
- Leads core team, kicks off projects, sustains and manages existing offers, establishes schedules, facilitates meetings, and ensure execution of programs/projects.
- Establishes clear objectives and deliverables for the program that support the LOBs business.
- Schedules and runs all phase reviews and program reviews.
- Tracks progress, reports status and makes necessary change requests to achieve all program goals.
- Manages major risks and issues through effective mitigation plans and proper escalation including legal and regulatory requirements.
- Drives the core team to meet or exceed program goals.
- Effectively communicate status of programs, projects, and objectives.
- Ensures the core team launches the complex offers/solution at the desired quality level and meets the time to market plans.
- 12+ years total experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree. Must have at least 8+ years experience in Program Management, Project Management or relevant role within the technology industry.
- Strong Program Management: Proven track record and competencies around scope, planning, priority setting, timelines, cost, quality, risk, and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Premier Communicator: Must have exemplary communication and writing skills and an innate ability to make very complex concepts and offerings simple and intuitive.
- Proven Leadership in a Fast-Paced, Dynamic Organization: A proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented individual, who has led cross-functional global teams to define and achieve high value objectives. This individual will have the ability to coalesce varied constituents and drive to achieve superior results on a consistent basis.
- Business Building Orientation: He/she must possess the technical knowledge and business understanding well enough to identify/define program direction, requirements & gaps. Possess a track record of having successfully delivered on complex projects and possess global experience.
- Team Player: The successful candidate must be a team player, supporting and promoting team accomplishments with a proven ability to drive change through influence and collaboration across a matrix organization in a highly fluid environment. Must demonstrate the ability to influence/sell ideas and present alternatives in a convincing fashion to a mixed audience, from peers to executives.
- Skilled at building and maintaining strong working relationships with 3rd party global partners.
- Capable of working with a variety of diverse specialty functional teams, ranging from IT to various business teams.
- Familiarity with managing in a regulated industry such as banking, finance or insurance is a plus.
- Support & Deployment Services experience
- Insurance related product experience
- Contracts, legal, and regulatory experience
- OLP knowledge and experience
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.