Sr. Consultant-Technical Design Architect
Round Rock, TexasJob ID R28731 Date posted Mar. 06, 2019
The role of Technical Design Architect (TDA) is for an individual who has deep technical knowledge surrounding the design and operations of muti-vendor, multi-technology networks. The TDA should possess excellent communications skills to interact with all levels of internal teams and customer staff from frontline to executive level individuals, with experience not only assisting with solution and proposal development but providing direction and oversight to established project teams.
The expectation of this role is to leverage industry knowledge of a customer’s business environment and various technical solutions to assist the customer to gain market share and increase operational efficiencies. Technical and consultative leadership is also expected for Consulting technical solution opportunities on a range of complex engagements, focused on an industry or service offering.
This role requires you to gain an in-depth understanding of an organization’s business, industry requirements, and systems, with a focus on understanding the customer’s strategic, organizational, and business challenge, then offer and manage the implementation of solutions as they relate to the future business environment and operational objectives.
Responsibilities may include analyzing customer program requirements, implementation of program solutions, customization of processes and methods, transition from project start-up to integration/production mode.
The TDA may be involved with activities including, but not limited to;
- Works as primary consultant on large, complex projects, often concurrently, requiring highly specialized knowledge across broad spectrum of industry vendors and technologies.
- Interacts with strategic customers to deliver long-term, high impact projects
- Extracts requirements from customer and understands technical and business impact of those requirements.
- Validates requirements, prototyping and functionality design and oversees creation and quality of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements.
- Manages large team engagements, may supervise multiple teams and projects to drive delivery excellence.
- Defines deliverables for SOW and engagement teams
- Drive and evangelize field delivery processes and methodologies adoption
- Development of processes and methodologies required for programs
- Creates resource models and identifies resources for program requirements
- Presents architecture and design solutions to customers
- Plans implementations and advances strategies for new revenue generating initiatives.
- Strong understanding of multi-vendor network and data center architecture and operations
- Private, public, and hybrid cloud architectures (AWS and/or Azure)
- Modern data center, campus, and WAN network virtualization technologies and techniques
- Data Center, campus, WAN migration strategies and planning
- Data Center, campus, WAN, and Cloud security models, methods, and designs
- Campus network edge design and operations
- Security design and integration in data center, campus, and cloud environments
- Quickly distill complex technical data center environments
- Work as a self-starter in a remote environment under minimal supervision
- Work cross-functionally in multi-discipline program teams to identify needs and opportunities for improvements to ensure delivery excellence.
- Prioritize time to ensure work products are delivered within prescribed program time frames
- Read and interpret complex technical diagrams, documents, and processes
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all customer levels, including executive leadership, using verbal and written media.
- Work well under pressure whilst consolidating, communicating and gaining agreement on multiple internal and customer stakeholder requirements
- Work in and adapt to a dynamic and fluid environment where strategy shifts may be required to achieve successful outcome of organizational or program objectives.
Experience and Education
- 10+ years’ technical experience working in complex data center and WAN environments
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Multi-vendor/technology Certification (Professional/Expert) – Routing/Switching and/or Security
- CCISP/CSAP (desired, but not mandatory)
Expected Travel Requirements
- 75% Travel. Flexible based on requirements of program engagements